both C. palmer and Loseman

Eric/Hawaii

C palmer had three fumble and 2 ints. Thacks good we don't have him as a QB!!!

(sarcasm)

784555[/snapback]

Great point. Can't believe these idiots are ripping a poor performance vs. a crappy defense with a good running game at home. Especially given the tremendous relevancy that a guy who threw 32 TD's last year turned the ball over and threw 4 TD's without much of a running game vs. the angry defending champions in a road win.

The thing is, though, Palmer's mistakes didn't cost Cincinnati the game.  JP's did.

I'm not saying JP or Palmer should be benched.  The difference is that Palmer won't do that much over the course of a season, whether JP will needs to be seen.

784563[/snapback]

That's funny I remember being down by only one score and the D let the jets score with under 4 minutes left. What do you want from JP? Him to walk on water?

That's funny I remember being down by only one score and the D let the jets score with under 4 minutes left. What do you want from JP? Him to walk on water?

784592[/snapback]

No, I think JP played a pretty average game today.

My point was more or less that this is par for the course for a JP-led offense over all of his starts, while its not normal for a Palmer-led offense, give or take.

At some point you do need to make changes, and at the end of this season is a perfect time to evaluate JP.

The whole offense made mistakes, including Losman. Not one guy is to blame for sure, but JP should get his share of both the praise and the blame.

No, that's not true.  Palmer's defense took the ball away for him 3 times.  JP didn't have 3 posessions gift wrapped for him.

784595[/snapback]

So what? Thats supposed to excuse JP's mistakes? We shouldn't look critically at the bad things JP did while praising him for the good things he has done?

By the way, it was true, Palmer didn't lose. :)

Today is what JP needed. He had a strong day but it means nothing because his mistakes cost the team the game. This is when lots of learning occurs.

I think this coaching staff has handled him perfectly and we are starting to see some positive things but they will be plenty of negative as well. Keep your head up and in time we will have one of the better QB's in the game.

Only one turn over resulted in a score for the jets.  The D was not good enough to create their own turnovers or stop the Jets at the end of the game.

784627[/snapback]

While that might be true, how many drives by the Bills were killed by mistakes? How down did the Bills feel about themselves about that? How would it have been different if the Bills had converted one of those?

Its not just points that make turnovers killers.

Today is what JP needed.  He had a strong day but it means nothing because his mistakes cost the team the game.  This is when lots of learning occurs.

I think this coaching staff has handled him perfectly and we are starting to see some positive things but they will be plenty of negative as well.  Keep your head up and in time we will have one of the better QB's in the game.

784617[/snapback]

I wouldn't say his mistakes cost the team the game. Again, he wasn't the one who whiffed on the block. He was asked to do more than manage the game and came up a little short. But I totally agree with rest of the post.

My whole point in this post was to show that Cin. rallied around Palmers mistakes and picked up some of the slack and the Bills did not.

D let the jets score in the final 4 min.

special team was weak (except for the on-side kick).

penalties!!!

Willis had great running but pass blocking was terrible both last week and this week.

No, I think JP played a pretty average game today.

My point was more or less that this is par for the course for a JP-led offense over all of his starts

??? You mean he usually throws for over 300 yards? Where have I been the last 2 years?

The whole offense made mistakes, including Losman.  Not one guy is to blame for sure, but JP should get his share of both the praise and the blame.

Exactly

So what?  Thats supposed to excuse JP's mistakes? 

No, but it doesn't excuse Palmers mistakes either does it ?

By the way, it was true, Palmer didn't lose.  :)

784610[/snapback]

You contradict yourself -- you sound like you are happy the Bill lost today.

Show me a game where JP played this well.

784649[/snapback]

Eli had the benefit of being +2 in turnovers in that game. He also coughed it up 3 times, but fortunately for him the giants recovered all of the fumbles. And, the giants still take OT to get the win.

If the Bills would have recovered all their own fumbles today, and turned over the jets twice, they win going away. I bet Eli didn't have to deal with 35 mph winds and rain in that game, did he?

It's a team game folks....