Defense Giveth, the Defense Taketh Away

AKC

It'll be a very interesting ride. We're going to give up too many of the Maroney runs this season but we'll also be making a lot of QBs VERY uncomfortable.

And the AFC East looks like a very wide-open race. A win next week would go far in establishing us as credible threat to taking our division.

It'll be a very interesting ride. We're going to give up too many of the Morney runs this season but we'll also be making a lot of QBs VERY uncomfortable.

And the AFC East looks like a very wide-open race. A win next week would go far in establishing us as credible threat to taking our division.

777619[/snapback]

If we're still talking about taking the division at the mid-season point, I'm goign to be one happy camper. I was so excited to see the game yesterday, but in the back of my mind I was a little insecure that they might crap the bed and let me down. I can't believe how good this feels....what a game.

I was not happy at all about the Jaruon hiring, nor was I happy with the draft. I'm glad that I'm not in charge of this team!

If we're still talking about taking the division at the mid-season point, I'm goign to be one happy camper. I was so excited to see the game yesterday, but in the back of my mind I was a little insecure that they might crap the bed and let me down. I can't believe how good this feels....what a game.

I was not happy at all about the Jaruon hiring, nor was I happy with the draft. I'm glad that I'm not in charge of this team!

777623[/snapback]

Honesty. And I have to admit I thought Ryan Denney sucked. Man this guy is on fire.

Honesty. And I have to admit I thought Ryan Denney sucked. Man this guy is on fire.

778464[/snapback]

I thought he pretty much sucked, too. I was really thinking we needed to find a more dominant end opposite Schobel, and even though I'm not calling denny "dominant", I think he's showing that he's starter material. If our young DTs show the same sort of growth over the next season or two, our line may actually be pretty damn solid. Our secondary is not only young, it's basically a bunch of kids back there, so that's in good shape.....and our LBs are solid, too. I think TKO is still in his (late) 20s, right? And we have Crowell, and maybe Ellison is going to end up being a steal for us. I dunno man, I'm really liking the way our defense is shaping up. If Fletch can keep his game at a high level for another 3-4 years while we find his replacement in the draft, we're going to be good for a long time.

And IMO, that's how it SHOULD be for a Buffalo team. We should ALWAYS be a strong defensive team with a solid running game.

I thought he pretty much sucked, too.  I was really thinking we needed to find a more dominant end opposite Schobel, and even though I'm not calling denny "dominant", I think he's showing that he's starter material. If our young DTs show the same sort of growth over the next season or two, our line may actually be pretty damn solid. Our secondary is not only young, it's basically a bunch of kids back there, so that's in good shape.....and our LBs are solid, too. I think TKO is still in his (late) 20s, right? And we have Crowell, and maybe Ellison is going to end up being a steal for us. I dunno man, I'm really liking the way our defense is shaping up. If Fletch can keep his game at a high level for another 3-4 years while we find his replacement in the draft, we're going to be good for a long time.

And IMO, that's how it SHOULD be for a Buffalo team. We should ALWAYS be a strong defensive team with a solid running game.

778488[/snapback]

Good points- linebacker in next years draft. Everyone is happy that McGahee answered the bell and ran strong and with heart. That's ALL we want.

Good points- linebacker in next years draft. Everyone is happy that McGahee answered the bell and ran strong and with heart. That's ALL we want.

778623[/snapback]

Yeah, that's one thing I noticed about him too....he was hitting the hole pretty quickly. I was eager to see how he'd do after the criticism he took following last weeks game. Hopefully he'll keep it up....I'd like to see willis live up to his own prophecy of being the best in the game.