Thougts on the game...

tjwbills

Great win by the Bills, the better coaching staff took this one today. Its interesting to hear all the hype and the experts put their spin on this supposed one sided battle going in and then when we all see something completely different than what was expected the questions are 'what's wrong with Culpepper' or comments like 'its time to coach this team up'

Bills fans know better after watching the game against NE last week and the coaching staff on this team continues to impress in week 2. Why?

The game plan coming into today was simple. Steve Fairchild and Perry Ferrel were going to put pressure on both of Miami's lines because Buffalo felt they had the speed on both offense and defense to handle Miami's skill positions on offense and lack of speed at linebacker on defense.

The Dolphins to their credit have a good D line but Fairchild contributed his offensive gameplan to play to the entire team's strength. Today, field position and a battle of will's on the lines was Buffalo's game plan and strength. I thought the comment by Greg Gumbel during the broadcast was succinct about Mike Mularkey. He commented that the Bills might have known more about Mularkey going in than he would be able to provide about the Bill's going in. And it showed. Buffalo brought consistent pressure up the middle with a brilliant mix of stunts and blitzing schemes that Miami (Mularkey) couldnt adjust to. Tripplet, McCargo, Schoebel, and Denney were in Culpepper's face all day.

Back to Fairchild. Although Bill's fans may have wanted to see the Bill's take the 'kid's gloves' off Losman, keep in mind that last week Losman played very well other than 1 or 2 key mistakes that were influential in the loss to NE. Buffalo was not going to put JP in any position to make a mistake today and to their credit, knew the Mularkey game plan was bound to make a few mistakes in and of its self, having seen it first hand last year all too often. Case in point, 3rd and 2's/1's and Ronnie Brown is on the sideline. Willis must have chuckled about that.

BIG props to Buffalo's line today. I really, really like this group. the blocked all day long against 8 and sometime 9 blitzing run fronts. They did very well opening holes for Willis but more importantly beat up the Miami front seven ALL GAME LONG. Game ball to these guys.

Good to see Josh Reed get that TD. He can run routes with the best of them.

Cant wait to see TKO in there next week but Ellison held his own today.

I'm watching Maroney go through the Jets like swiss cheese right now and reflecting on what I just saw with the Bill's I expect to see a similar game plan for the Jets at home. Perhaps a few more screens would be nice but I cant complain with the win.

See you guys next week at the Ralph. Go Bills!