Wow...what a game.

bobthebuilder

Here are some quick thoughts. My first post here, so I'll hopefully make it insightful.

WHAT A WAY TO START THE SEASON.

Nearly beating the Pats, to thoroughly dominating the Dolphins IN MIAMI, I dont think Dick Jauron could have dreamt up a better scenario.

I'll say first...I love our offensive play calling. Fairchild mixed it up with some "zone" passing, which allows for the receivers and offensive line to create blocks on the dolphins secondary after the reception. The best example of this was Roscoes TD that was called back. (Very interesting penalty, btw. If Roscoe was behind the line of scrimmage, then it shouldnt have been a penalty. Ill have to watch it again.)

Willis McGahee played well, but he had the blocks he needed. Losman managed the game well, and was very accurate with his throws. He had poise, which means he is maturing really fast as a QB. I was a little disappointed at a few of the dropped balls, but it happens once in a while. Good thing it didnt cost us.

The defense was spectacular. What more can I say? Daunte Culpepper has a great arm, some great weapons, and Ronnie Brown. And we held them to only a 4th quarter desperate TD? Youve got to be kidding. The D line was spectacular, as was the secondary. The linebackers played OK, and a couple times I thought they missed some tackles (mostly Ellison, but the kid is a rookie 6th round draft pick. He played well for a rookie LB.)

Game balls: Rian Lindell, the Bills Dline, and the Bills Secondary, and of course, the Special Teams.

Next week, we have the Jets. I WILL NOT count my chickens before they hatch, but with a solid effort, we can win that game and be 2nd in the AFC east.

Go Bills!