Is Ralph Posturing To Get A Great Deal?

Is Ralph Raising The Threat of Moving For Leverage?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ralph Raising The Threat of Moving For Leverage?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

The threat to move is certainly real, because if the threat was not real it would not be a credible threat.

However, the line and description of economics in the NFL is so disingenious and ignores such important parts of reality that the entire piece smacks of a nice attempt to raise and use his leverage to get a load of corporate welfare from NYS, Erie County and Buffalo thst I am quite comfotable this is driven by Ralph actally asserting this leverage to get a great deal.

In fact, the timing of when he is going to force NYS politicians like Eliot Spitzer, Weld and Faso who are running for governor in November into making a whole bunch of promises to deliver a stadium and corporate welfare to the Bills is so ham-handed it is positively Machiavellian.

Don't get me wrong since this welfare will benefit my football team and potentially my City and region at a cost which will be distributed across all NYS taxpayers I am actually quite in favor of this corporate welfare.

In addition, though my support is meaningless but quite selfish, even if it eqauls the $1.2 billion failed NYC stadium porposal this really is a piddling amount of money comapred to the even larger corporate welfare payouts to the pharmaceutical companies and other cash beneficiaries from the stupid manner we provide health care.

However, I have few doubts that rather than senility about the CBA, Ralph fully recognizes that he can use this "crisis" as leverage top extort even huger amounts of income into his personal wallet and into the wallets of his new partners the NFLPA.

You go Ralph! Suck some dollars out from taxpayers for out team!

The threat to move is certainly real, because if the threat was not real it would not be a credible threat.

653508[/snapback]

In english...you said....if one believes the threat, then it is real, and therefore in this case the threat to move is real.

I don't believe the threat. Your premise doesn't hold, so your conclusion has not been established. So, I need not read past the first line.