If the Bills are asking for a 4th its too little

I say this not because I believe Moulds will produce more on the field than the value of a 4th rounder (though I thnik he easily will depite being well into the backside of his career).

I say this not because I do not realize that the potential he will be available for nothin's as an FA does not really hurt his trade value (it does though I think that any team besides Texas who banks on this does so at their own risk as my understanding a waived Moulds first goes through teams having a shot at picking up his current contract in reverse order of Ws. He is not worth a base salary payment on $7 million, but any team who picks him up for this does not owe him anu prorated bonus which raises his 06 Bills cap hit over 10 mill and since the cap has expanded letting him hit the market this way is a dangerous game if you want him.

I say this because the likelihood of any negotiation is a compromise. It would seem to me the Bills should have a general requirement of a first day pick and then if you have to "settle" for a 4th do so, but if our ask is for a 4th we may be headed toward a compromise of a 5th or even a 6th. I hope this press report of an "NFL source" is simply incorrect.

I say this not because I believe Moulds will produce more on the field than the value of a 4th rounder (though I thnik he easily will depite being well into the backside of his career).

I say this not because I do not realize that the potential he will be available for nothin's as an FA does not really hurt his trade value (it does though I think that any team besides Texas who banks on this does so at their own risk as my understanding a waived Moulds first goes through teams having a shot at picking up his current contract in reverse order of Ws.  He is not worth a base salary payment on $7 million, but any team who picks him up for this does not owe him anu prorated bonus which raises his 06 Bills cap hit over 10 mill and since the cap has expanded letting him hit the market this way is a dangerous game if you want him.

I say this because the likelihood of any negotiation is a compromise.  It would seem to me the Bills should have a general requirement of a first day pick and then if you have to "settle" for a 4th do so, but if our ask is for a 4th we may be headed toward a compromise of a 5th or even a 6th.  I hope this press report of an "NFL source" is simply incorrect.

643373[/snapback]

it does seem to be too little, the best thing to do is not grant him a trade and make him play for the bills or sit out the season, that way Marv doesnt look like a push over

if the bills can't get a player who can help the team right now, or at least a day one draft pick, they should let moulds rot.  screw the 10million...it's not like ralph is going to be giving it to someone else.

643396[/snapback]

now we are making sense

it does seem to be too little, the best thing to do is not grant him a trade and make him play for the bills or sit out the season, that way Marv doesnt look like a push over

643393[/snapback]

I hope like heck that Marv does not care one iota whether he looks like a push-over or not. Any business needs to have and cater to a general sense of what the customers want. However, we really will be doomed if he thinks that winning some popularity contest among the loudest fans over whether he has cajones or not is serving the customers.

We need to win most of all. Winning will be done by making good deals that build the team and not by taking stands to merely avoid being considered a pushover.