This Team Cannot Compete in Today's NFL

Okay, a couple of years ago I was extremely upset when MM was named HC. Now, I believe we've sunk to the deepest depths of despair I have ever seen with this team. I feared this. I just knew they'd do something stupid.

Dick Jauron as HC? Am I missing something here? Why on earth would we hire him? The guy was Ralph's cheapest option, and Ralph took it. That BS about price not being a factor for a HC was just talk to butter up the fan base.

Memo to Ralph: This just in: The fans of Buffalo are not that gullible or stupid. The fan base is as pessimistic and pissed as I've ever seen them. Can anyone really see this turning out well? I don't. I believe, with a slow start next year, the stadium is going to be half-empty in late-season home games. Serves them right.

I, for one, will continue to be a fan, but my heart won't really be into it, as I feel I can only bang my head against the proverbial wall for so long.

Bottom line fact: This team, with this owner, in this market cannot compete in today's NFL landscape. (Or maybe will not, instead of cannot, take your choice.)

(If this was Marv's decision, and Ralphie wanted Sherman, then my apologies to Ralph and Marv can go back into retirement now. But, we'll never really know.)

Oh, I forgot this interesting piece of info: Jauron was not wanted for the HC position in Detroit. . .

So, not good enough for freakin' Detroit, but good enough for us? Ugh.

579011[/snapback]

He probably wanted to much $....

OK, let's play a game.  Let's assume that Mike Sherman wouldn't take the job.  If not Jauron then who?

579013[/snapback]

There is absolutely no evidence that Sherman "wouldn't take the job."

But, I'd prefer almost anyone (outside of Capers and Tice) to Jauron. Al Saunders? Jim Fassel? Jim Haslett? Steve Mariucci? Tom Moore? Sam Wyche? Marv Levy for a year or two?

There is absolutely no evidence that Sherman "wouldn't take the job."

But, I'd prefer almost anyone (outside of Capers and Tice) to Jauron. Al Saunders? Jim Fassel? Jim Haslett? Steve Mariucci? Tom Moore? Sam Wyche? Marv Levy for a year or two?

579041[/snapback]

I said let's assume.

Al Saunders isn't available. Jim Fassel I would have liked to see, but who knows why the rest of the NFL joined the Bills in passing him by as well. Jim Haslett would have set off just as much of a firestorm of crap as the Jauron hiring has. The good and bad of Haslett as a candidate has been discussed to death. Mariucci doesn't have a great track record. Personally I like him and would have liked to see him given a look, but let's face it he inherited a great 49ers team and then wasn't able to turn Detroit around. Hardly a stellar career. Tom Moore? Let me quote something from the Indy website for you:

Tom Moore, a 42-year coaching veteran with 28 years of NFL experience, is in his eighth season as offensive coordinator of the Colts. Moore has 18 years experience as an offensive coordinator with three different NFL teams.

Sounds like someone that's just dying to be a head coach doesn't it? He's a career offensive coordinator and he's happy with it. Sam Wyche has health issues that probably prevent him from the rigors of a head coaching job and Marv Levy is 80+. I know I know Joe Paterno. Ask Steve Spurrier the difference between college and the NFL.

I said let's assume. 

Al Saunders isn't available.  Jim Fassel I would have liked to see, but who knows why the rest of the NFL joined the Bills in passing him by as well.  Jim Haslett would have set off just as much of a firestorm of crap as the Jauron hiring has.  The good and bad of Haslett as a candidate has been discussed to death.  Mariucci doesn't have a great track record.  Personally I like him and would have liked to see him given a look, but let's face it he inherited a great 49ers team and then wasn't able to turn Detroit around.  Hardly a stellar career.  Tom Moore?  Let me quote something from the Indy website for you:

Sounds like someone that's just dying to be a head coach doesn't it?  He's a career offensive coordinator and he's happy with it.  Sam Wyche has health issues that probably prevent him from the rigors of a head coaching job and Marv Levy is 80+.  I know I know Joe Paterno.  Ask Steve Spurrier the difference between college and the NFL.

579065[/snapback]

Ridiculous. . . Al Saunders WAS available when we began our HC search. We, of course, didn't even bother to contact him. Mariucci doesn't have a great track record? What would you then call Jauron's? You admit that you'd like to have seen Fassel and Mooch given a look, I rest my case. If that isn't enough for you, Jauron will rest it come mid-season next year.

Oh, I forgot this interesting piece of info: Jauron was not wanted for the HC position in Detroit. . .

So, not good enough for freakin' Detroit, but good enough for us? Ugh.

579011[/snapback]

Not being Mat Millen's choice for HC is almost certainly a great sign, After his selection of that winner Morningwheg and not being able to make it work with Mooch, there is probably no higher endorsement in the NFL than not being Millen's choice.

Not being Mat Millen's choice for HC is almost certainly a great sign, After his selection of that winner Morningwheg and not being able to make it work with Mooch, there is probably no higher endorsement in the NFL than not being Millen's choice.

579075[/snapback]

Okay, Jauron should then get a ringing endorsement from Bills fans. I see. . . you're theory has one flaw however, and that is that Millen hired him in the first place.

Okay, a couple of years ago I was extremely upset when MM was named HC. Now, I believe we've sunk to the deepest depths of despair I have ever seen with this team. I feared this. I just knew they'd do something stupid.

Dick Jauron as HC? Am I missing something here? Why on earth would we hire him? The guy was Ralph's cheapest option, and Ralph took it. That BS about price not being a factor for a HC was just talk to butter up the fan base.

Memo to Ralph: This just in: The fans of Buffalo are not that gullible or stupid. The fan base is as pessimistic and pissed as I've ever seen them. Can anyone really see this turning out well? I don't. I believe, with a slow start next year, the stadium is going to be half-empty in late-season home games. Serves them right.

I, for one, will continue to be a fan, but my heart won't really be into it, as I feel I can only bang my head against the proverbial wall for so long.

Bottom line fact: This team, with this owner, in this market cannot compete in today's NFL landscape. (Or maybe will not, instead of cannot, take your choice.)

(If this was Marv's decision, and Ralphie wanted Sherman, then my apologies to Ralph and Marv can go back into retirement now. But, we'll never really know.)

578968[/snapback]

Man you're pretty stupid or selectively blind!!! Ralph didn't want this guy, Marv did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, who you calling cheap or dumb?

Okay, Jauron should then get a ringing endorsement from Bills fans. I see. . . you're theory has one flaw however, and that is that Millen hired him in the first place.

579084[/snapback]

This is not full-blown theory at all just a response to an indictment of him as being passed over by Detroit. Jauron may well suck but I certainly question the relevance of any Millen decision to showing this.

Ridiculous. . . Al Saunders WAS available when we began our HC search. We, of course, didn't even bother to contact him. Mariucci doesn't have a great track record? What would you then call Jauron's? You admit that you'd like to have seen Fassel and Mooch given a look, I rest my case. If that isn't enough for you, Jauron will rest it come mid-season next year.

579072[/snapback]

Seems no one bothered to contact al saunders and for pretty good reason, He's not held in high regards in nfl circles. He's considered media savvy, but generally a backstabber, and a snake when it comes to coaching. And just for the record. I was big time in the hire Al Saunders camp.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13682142.htm

There’s a reason that there were 10 NFL head-coaching jobs available, and Raiders owner Al Davis was the only man to pretend to be significantly interested in Saunders. The reason has nothing to do with Saunders’ age (59) or his rocky relationship with Carl Peterson.

Around the league, Saunders is known as a climber, a self-promoter, a snake. The labels have stuck with him since his days as head coach in San Diego, where reporters there contend Saunders used insecure media puppets to back-stab Don Coryell to get the Chargers job.

Mooch was also considered by no one. He did nothing with superbowl caliber 49ers team. and even less with the lions. I'm not saying I support the Jauron move. I'm just saying dont jump to conclussions. What seem like easy no brainer choices well it's not always cut and dry. Jauron could turn out to be good, or he could suck, but I know it's far to early to jump to conclussions about him, before giving him an opportunity.

Seems no one bothered to contact al saunders and for pretty good reason, He's not held in high regards in nfl circles. He's considered media savvy, but generally a backstabber, and a snake when it comes to coaching.   And just for the record.  I was big time in the hire Al Saunders camp.

Mooch was also considered by no one. He did nothing with superbowl caliber 49ers team. and even less with the lions.   I'm not saying I support the Jauron move. I'm just saying dont jump to conclussions. What seem like easy no brainer choices well it's not always cut and dry.  Jauron could turn out to be good, or he could suck, but I know it's far to early to jump to conclussions about him, before giving him an opportunity.

579161[/snapback]

This is the same type of wait and see comments that people were saying when trying to defend the hirings of Greggie and MM. How did those turn out? What Jauron has done in the past is clearly an indictment of his head coaching abilities. We'll all have to wait and see with this team until we're dead, I guess.

This is the same type of wait and see comments that people were saying when trying to defend the hirings of Greggie and MM. How did those turn out? What Jauron has done in the past is clearly an indictment of his head coaching abilities. We'll all have to wait and see with this team until we're dead, I guess.

579540[/snapback]

Yeah pretty much. What else are you going to do? Become a Dolphins fan?

Seems no one bothered to contact al saunders and for pretty good reason, He's not held in high regards in nfl circles. He's considered media savvy, but generally a backstabber, and a snake when it comes to coaching.  And just for the record.  I was big time in the hire Al Saunders camp.

579161[/snapback]

I didn't want Saunders either, but did you just cite a Jason "Race Card" Whitlock article, and do it seriously with a straight face?

No. I'll still be a fan. But, heck having no reason to be optimistic or hope for the future really sucks.

579904[/snapback]

Yeah. So try relaxing and just worrying about the things that you can change. As much as I might disagree with Ralph's hiring of Marv Levy (and I really do) and Levy's subsequent hiring of Jauron (I have mixed feelings at this point, we shall see) there's nothing that I can accomplish by complaining about it. I'll still back the Bills, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like ....Victory"

The Bills stink of defeat. The team had a considerable amount of talent at the beginning of the year and managed defeat. The coach and gm were guys playing out a string all season long...losers. Games were phoned in. There is no sense of victory of any kind. Is Jauron going to change that? With a record of losing? I don't know where this team is going to get the turn around and win feeling. There isn't a Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith on the team. Polian isn't there...and RW is not the RW of old. How do you get rid of the all pervasive cloud of defeat? I think Sherman might have begun the process.

OK, let's play a game.  Let's assume that Mike Sherman wouldn't take the job.  If not Jauron then who?

579013[/snapback]

Caldwell

Haslett

Fasell

Lebeau

Levy

Tice

Saunders

Williams

MM

well.. thats all that come to mind.. but I've made my point

Go Bills!!! Here is hoping There is still a reason to cheer in October