Explain something to me..

Quester74

...with all the so called 'Whiz Kids' landing head coaching jobs (Mangini, Peyton) from Coordinator positions.. how is it no one seems to be talking about Dick Lebeau?? Talk about a great fit for the Bills. The guy had Head Coahing experience, is defensive minded AND has ties to Buffalo. (Although only for a year or two.. forget exactly when he left) I'd take him over anyone the Bills have interviewed so far.

Now since I'm new to the boards.. I'll just throw my two cents out here on a couple other topics.

Head Coach: My preference.. LeBeau, Haslett, Sherman, April.. in that order. (of course, they haven't interviewed my 2 top choices.)

Nate Clements: Offer him $3 Million a season for 4-5 years.. if he doesn't take it, let him walk.

#8 Draft Pick: Oregon DT.. just a read a little about the guy.. we HAVE to get him.

Our O'Line: Move Williams to guard, make him take a paycut, and make him beat out Preston/Anderson/Teague for a starting spot.. otherwise cut him loose.

Moulds: Sorry Eric, you've been one hell of a Buffalo Bill for 10 years, but your pay no longer equals your production on the field. Chalk it up to J.P.'s inexperience all you want, but this kid is going to be in Buffalo alot longer than Kelly Holcomb. Cut his pay to $1 Million a season, and he can stay.. otherwise I'll be rooting for you next year in a Phili or San Diego uniform.

Thanks for listening..

Quester74

...with all the so called 'Whiz Kids' landing head coaching jobs (Mangini, Peyton) from Coordinator positions.. how is it no one seems to be talking about Dick Lebeau?? Talk about a great fit for the Bills. The guy had Head Coahing experience, is defensive minded AND has ties to Buffalo. (Although only for a year or two.. forget exactly when he left) I'd take him over anyone the Bills have interviewed so far.

Now since I'm new to the boards.. I'll just throw my two cents out here on a couple other topics.

Head Coach: My preference.. LeBeau, Haslett, Sherman, April.. in that order. (of course, they haven't interviewed my 2 top choices.)

Nate Clements: Offer him $3 Million a season for 4-5 years.. if he doesn't take it, let him walk.

#8 Draft Pick: Oregon DT.. just a read a little about the guy.. we HAVE to get him.

Our O'Line: Move Williams to guard, make him take a paycut, and make him beat out Preston/Anderson/Teague for a starting spot.. otherwise cut him loose.

Moulds: Sorry Eric, you've been one hell of a Buffalo Bill for 10 years, but your pay no longer equals your production on the field. Chalk it up to J.P.'s inexperience all you want, but this kid is going to be in Buffalo alot longer than Kelly Holcomb. Cut his pay to $1 Million a season, and he can stay.. otherwise I'll be rooting for you next year in a Phili or San Diego uniform.

Thanks for listening..

Quester74

574655[/snapback]

if they get ngata i hope he pans out....many from the pac 10 at his postition have been hearalded but none have lived to expectations since keith millard

I think some coaches......dick lebeau.......are given shots as head coaches and then it is learned they are best suited as life long coordinators

Thanks for listening..

Quester74

574655[/snapback]

Welcome.

I was wondering the same thing about Lebeau, why he wasn't contacted. But if you think about it why would he leave Pitts for a shot to coach a below average team? When he does ultimately have a shot at a superbowl right now a prbably next year as well. But the question still remains why wasn't he contacted?

Welcome.

I was wondering the same thing about Lebeau, why he wasn't contacted.  But if you think about it why would he leave Pitts for a shot to coach a below average team?  When he does ultimately have a shot at a superbowl right now a prbably next year as well.  But the question still remains why wasn't he contacted?

574666[/snapback]

Because Pitts are still alive in the playoffs maybe?

Because Pitts are still alive in the playoffs maybe?

574667[/snapback]

Yeah, Pitt is still alive.. but so is Denver, and the worst kept secret in the NFL is that Kubiak is going to be the next HC in Houston.

As far as the previous poster pointing out that some Head Coaches are best suited as lifelong coordinators.. I couldn't agree more. I've always said the same thing about guys like: Ray Rhodes, Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams and Norv Turner.

Quester74