I suppose this is fitting, right?

SoCal Pat

Our special teams, perhaps the best unit in NFL history for one year, has its first true meltdown at a time in which we might've taken something good from this season to build toward next year (ie, a two-game winning streak, both on the road).

Whatever. I'm so glad this season is over. And given my location (or lack thereof) to WNY, the disconnect between myself and the team is growing stronger. I think I'll still get NFL Sunday Ticket next year, but I'm regretting getting it this year and passing up on NHL Center Ice (thank God for the Sabres).

Let me also add that perhaps two of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history unquestionably are this year and 2003. As big as I've been on Donahoe, his drafts and his moves in free agency, he has not done anything close to what's necessary to build a WINNER.

There's individual talent, and there's individual talent that meshes into a cohesive unit and a team that's to be reckoned with. TD has whiffed miserably in this regard.

A new GM should give Mularkey at least one year to get it right. Begrudgingly, I'm for Mularkey staying one more year, if only for the economics of eating his contract. But I'll be disappointed if RW sees fit to maintain the status quo.