NFL cliche that annoys me

ATBNG

"These guys on (bad team) are playing for their jobs next year."

Effort is always important, and can say something about a player's character, but come on! The Texans, for instance, are going to have an entirely new coaching staff and management team. The chances of the last game being very meaningful in their high level decisions are waaaaay lower than the media claims. Meanwhile, the lower level guys are always going to be evaluated by they perform during the entirety of training camp, and not in some meaningless week 17 "going through the motions" game.

Plus, I'd be inclined to be highly suspicious for any player that saved his best game for this week. Well, any player but Antowain Smith.

anything positive about brett favre this year.

you guys hate the bruschi treatment earler this year against our bills?? imagine being a bears/vikings/lions fan this year... the guy absolutely sucks, possibly enough to be labeled the worst starting QB this year, and he's treated like a god by the media. If i were a bears fan, watching orton/grossman play like crazy, i'd be pretty angry.

Dont even get me started...

Cliche #1

Whenever an athlete says after any disappointing thing, "It is what it is"

It is? Oh, thanks, I thought it wasnt what it was. I guess when you're rich and stupid that passes for philosophy.

Cliche #2

Whenever an announcer or athlete uses a single person as a plural:

"They just love the game so much, your Peyton Mannings and Brett Favres"

SHUT UP!

Dont even get me started...

Cliche #1

Whenever an athlete says after any disappointing thing, "It is what it is"

It is? Oh, thanks, I thought it wasnt what it was. I guess when you're rich and stupid that passes for philosophy.

Cliche #2

Whenever an announcer or athlete uses a single person as a plural:

"They just love the game so much, your Peyton Mannings and Brett Favres"

SHUT UP!

546363[/snapback]

hey, we can all watch our bills, our rob johnsons, play tomorrow