When your damn punter is your MVP ...

Moorman was the best player on the field for the Bills yesterday. That's generally a bad sign, in my book. Still looking for the passer rating number, to confirm whether or not his was higher than Bledsoe's ...

-

How bad has it gotten? Well, they actually ran an offensie play with NO quarternack on the field at one point! The direct snap to Moulds in the backfield. I understand the sentiment involved in trying that, but it also tipped the Raiders that it was a run play. Thus, 3 yards.

-

We were robbed on the "holding started at the one" call, too. That was a textpook safety. The BLOCKING started at the one, damnit! The call the ref made violated both the INTENT and the letter of that rule. A Bills defender was in the end zone charging at the QB for an impending end zone sack, and was clearly tackled by the Raider offensive lineman two to three yards deep in the end zone. Jesus, that's exactly why the rule exists. To call it the way they did was a major stretch.

-

While I still (believe it or not) haven't written off Drew, I was sickened by what I thought was two disturbing things: 1) Rob-like pocket awareness, and 2) Ferguson-like hanging of the head. The first may be attributable to the fact that a "pocket" per se did not exist all day. The second, well... If I can see it, don't you think everyone else can too? I was disappointed by that. I saw no "fire" in the guy's eyes. I saw a lot of looking down, and it's always been a belief of mine that the Q is like the captain on a ship... the crew must never see fear & indecision in the captain's demeanor. But that's just me.

-

Last rant: Is it just me, or does everyone else see the genius of giving up on Ruben Brown? Yeajh, this line is so terrific, we don't need Ruben. Probably wouldn't even have started...

-

I need a drink.