If I were GM

jdbillsfan

Here is what I would do with this team. Let me know what you guys think...

Quick Analysis:

Very week OL and DL. Starting to show age at LB and S.

Coaching hasn't been good, but would like to upgrade the talent at OL and DL before firing, unless a good prospect popped up. Maybe give Mularkey another year or so. Keep an eye on up and coming coordinators.

Moves at end of season:

Offer Nate a decent contract. Not in the range of Bailey, but maybe in the range of lucas or a. henry. He is a good corner, but hasn't had much help with our DL and getting pressure. Could be some scheme issues too with coaching and constant blitzes.

If he doesn't take it, try to franchise and trade him for a #1. If we had McGee and King as our starting CB's that would be big trouble, so would have to try and draft a CB with that #1 pick. If no offers for a #1, keep the franchise tag on him.

Need to address the OL and DL via the draft and FA. Try to get LeCharles Bentley and or Hutchinson. Have to shore up the middle of the OL and then work our way out to LT via the draft.

Try to get MW to take a pay cut or re-work his contract. With Hutch and or Bently to go along with Preston/Villareal, MW and possibly a LT or Gandy via the draft, might not be a bad OL.

Since OL will be addressed via FA, try to draft DT with the first pick or two.

Any of the following positions should be addressed via the draft: DT, OL, LB, S, CB, WR.