If only we had a head coach like this....

Mike32282

Chad Johnson had a new list in his locker Wednesday. And it was courtesy of someone Johnson referred to as a "higher authority" — otherwise known as his laminator-in-chief.

Johnson on Tuesday replaced his "Who covered 85 in 2005?" list with one that named all of the Ravens' defensive backs; the Bengals will play Sunday in Baltimore.

"I can't tell you," Johnson said Wednesday when asked for more specifics of his Ravens list. "Ask the chief. He did it. He messed up my fun for the week, man — anything else?

"I'm trying to think of some trash to talk here, but I've got a brain freeze."

Late Tuesday evening, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis caught wind of Johnson's new Ravens-only list and went to work on a list of his own.

"I had a little alert, yep. Appreciate that. You know, communication and identification (are) important this week," Lewis said Wednesday. "I made it last night about 11:30. My list is important. It's up there."

The heading on the list reads: "Did 85 do everything he could to lead His Team to Victory 11-6-05?"

It's followed by six questions, which are followed by "yes" and "no" boxes that can be checked.

Did Lewis himself even laminate the list?

"Yes," he said. "I had to wait for (the machine) to heat up."

The Lewis list challenges Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, to watch more game tape of the Ravens, finish his blocks and make a teammate a better player.

Asked for the most important points on the list, Johnson said the ones about watching more film and making a teammate better.

Lewis said the most important point on the list was the first one — watch more Ravens tape to learn the ins and outs of the defense.

Asked who gets to check the boxes on the new list after the game, Lewis said, "Me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...son-chart_x.htm

Chad Johnson had a new list in his locker Wednesday. And it was courtesy of someone Johnson referred to as a "higher authority" — otherwise known as his laminator-in-chief.

Johnson on Tuesday replaced his "Who covered 85 in 2005?" list with one that named all of the Ravens' defensive backs; the Bengals will play Sunday in Baltimore.

"I can't tell you," Johnson said Wednesday when asked for more specifics of his Ravens list. "Ask the chief. He did it. He messed up my fun for the week, man — anything else?

"I'm trying to think of some trash to talk here, but I've got a brain freeze."

Late Tuesday evening, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis caught wind of Johnson's new Ravens-only list and went to work on a list of his own.

"I had a little alert, yep. Appreciate that. You know, communication and identification (are) important this week," Lewis said Wednesday. "I made it last night about 11:30. My list is important. It's up there."

The heading on the list reads: "Did 85 do everything he could to lead His Team to Victory 11-6-05?"

It's followed by six questions, which are followed by "yes" and "no" boxes that can be checked.

Did Lewis himself even laminate the list?

"Yes," he said. "I had to wait for (the machine) to heat up."

The Lewis list challenges Johnson, a two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, to watch more game tape of the Ravens, finish his blocks and make a teammate a better player.

Asked for the most important points on the list, Johnson said the ones about watching more film and making a teammate better.

Lewis said the most important point on the list was the first one — watch more Ravens tape to learn the ins and outs of the defense.

Asked who gets to check the boxes on the new list after the game, Lewis said, "Me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...son-chart_x.htm

494935[/snapback]

I agree, a coach like that would be nice.