Quality Control Coach

Dwight Drane

I've been searching for answers why the Bills have been wallowing in mediocrity for almost a decade and I think I may have it.

Both TD hires, Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey were quality control coaches for their respective teams to start out their coaching careers. Does anyone have a quality control person at their workplace? While they may be a respected person at a large firm that deals with manufacturing or accounting or service, usually they are the most drab and anal rententive people around. They know all the little ticky tack rules and regulations and will make you follow them. Everything has to run by structure or else you are wrong. If you happen to think outside the box, you will probably have to get a quorum to call a commitee to have a hearing on changing the rules.

I think we have some big time talent. But I also think we have the same chance at winning with a UB Doctoral student who is on sebatical from China. These coaches are eggheads who overthink and take control and creativity away from their players.

But they sure do interview well.

See you at 6 and 10.

Yeah, cause Bill Parcell's and Belicheck are definately not pay attention to detail kind of guys.... :w00t:

457378[/snapback]

Bellicheck, yes.....but he brings in smart players, #1. He'll give up some athletic talent in order to get a quality guy.

Parcells is as subjective as you can get. He'll play with your head in order to get the most out of you. What goes for player A doesn't go for player B.

I think in Buffalo, it is the system that rules.