You Know You Make Me Wanna...

With profuse apologies to the Isley Brothers, Otis Day and the Knights, and Animal House fans.

This adaptation is dedicated to the legions of NFL consultants and offensive/defensive strategists who have suddenly appeared out of thin air to hold forth on why the Bills are doing so poorly.

Never mind the fact that we all KNEW this was going to be a rocky season. It's ok to imagine that Losman could magically light up the board in his FIRST season, but when you carry that forward to criticize your team when it's on the ropes it's a whole different thing.

Humbly submitted, with tongue firmly implanted in cheek:

POUT

------

Well, you know you make me wanna

(POUT) Throw my brats up

(POUT) Kick the taillights out

(POUT) The sky is falling

(POUT) Fire Donahoe (POUT)

Replace Mularky

(POUT, POUT) Please bench J.P

(POUT) Yeah yeah yeah yeah, come on

(Say you will) Just put in Holcomb

(Say you will) O-line’s in tatters

(Say you will) Say it right now, baby

(Say you will)

I still remember

When I used to be nine years old yeah, yeah

I would follow the Bills

right to the bottom of my soul, yeah, yeah

Now you’re 1 and 2

An’ I’m ready to up and go

I want you to know

I said I want you to know right now

I’ve been good to you Bills

Better than I've been to myself

And if you don’t start wiiiinning

I’m a gonna put my tickets up on a shelf

I said I want you to know

I said I want you to know right now

You know you make me wanna

(POUT) Trash my throwback shirt

(POUT) Throw up my bratwurst

(POUT) Return my tickets

(POUT) Come on now

(POUT) Fire the staff

(POUT, POUT) They’re such a big laff

(POUT) Yeah yeah yeah yeah, come on

(Say you will) Say it right now, baby

(Say you will)

(Say) Keep running Willis

(Say) We’re not ranked number 1

(Say) Why can’t you tackle

(Say) And get more sack-les

(POUT) Parking’s expensive

(POUT) My seat is too hard

(POUT) He threw it too soon

(POUT) My god, a full moon!

(POUT) A little bit softer now

(POUT) A little bit louder now

Hey (Hey) Hey (Hey)

Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah)

Pout now

A little pout now

Jump up and pout now

A little pout now

Come on (POUT now)

Come on now (POUT now)

Come on now (POUT now)

Come on now (POUT now)

Come on jump up and POUT now

A little POUT now

Jump up and POUT now

A little POUT now

Jump up and POUT now

A little POUT now

Jump up and POUT now

A little POUT now, yeah

So just being upset about the fact that we will have to endure even more losing as part of this never ending rebuilding process makes you not a dedicated fan? I'm just sick of the effort that I see from the Bills organization. I was once patient with the way TD was building this team, but there are two glaring mistakes that I think have been made along the way. The first is the fact that the offensive line is STILL not fixed. They're a collection of journeymen and underachievers. The second majore mistake that TD has made was allowing Pat Williams to walk out the door. It's like losing Ted Washington all over again. In both cases the defense has gone from stout and impressive to soft and exploitable.

Dr.:

That's why I added the tongue-in-cheek qualifier to my post.

I have been a Bills fan since '65, and with the exception of a few brief, shining moments (comparitively speaking) during the early Nineties, the Bills franchise has become synonymous with the phrase, "It's a building year."

I share your frustration.

It is perfectly acceptable to be a loyal fan and be sick of questionable moves and neglected priorities--especially in areas like the o-line. What I was reacting to was mainly the people who, a day after the heart of our defensive unit goes down for the season, are hollering "Bench Losman!" and "We want to win now! Put Holcomb in!"

I am sorry, but I cannot STAND when a franchise makes a knee-jerk decision about yanking a new, developing QB and drops a so-so veteran in its place.

Take Drew in Dallas, for example. Sure, the Cowboys are winning games now and DB is tossing TDs like they're effortless. Where are they going to be in two years?

I'm tired of the sky-is-falling-bunch. This team has big problems. Losman may be the lightning rod because he's the QB, but the issues run a lot deeper.

We will win again. It's just a rebuilding year. (Yes, I am kidding.)

I have no problem with the Bills using this as a year in which to get Losman prepared for the future. The problem I have with the Bills organization is they aren't giving him the tools with which to succeed. The offensive line is shameful and has been so since Jim Kelly was QB. There is simply no excuse for having not fixed the situation at this point. We have a young QB and a possible future star RB, but this offensive line is going to stunt their development.