GOOD –

• the “W”

• D played well

• JP had a remarkable performance for a 1st start

• Willis chalked up his 1st 100 yard game

• Lindell: R U serious?

BAD –

• You’d expect more points when your D forces 5 turnovers and 5 sacks

• No sustainable offense, but let’s be real here… rookie QB, re-tooled OL. (It’s going to take time)

• D giving up a TD drive toward the end of the 2nd Q. If this defense wants to mentioned in the same breath as the the “72 Fins”, “85 Bears”, “03 Ravens”, then it can not allow that to happen against a pathetic offense like the Texans.

UGLY-

No ugly from the Bills this week, but I’ve got to believe the performances turned in by the Vikes, Jets, and Rams were flukes and those teams just had a very bad day. And can you believe the Fins? Never in my wildest dreams.

SUMMING UP THE BILLS:

A win is a win is a win!!! And, if the bills are to be considered a playoff contender, they had to beat Houston soundly. They did. Now it’s on to Tampa to face a team that clocked the Vikes on the road. Tampa is a better team than Houston and now they play at home. This shapes up as a very important contest and another game to gauge and validate that the defense is indeed a damn good one or maybe even a great one. It’s also going to give us another game to measure the progress of JP and the offense and how they deal with a road game. Personally, I think this team is headed for 9-7 and perhaps a season away from becoming a real contender. I do not see this team in the class of Philly, Pats, Colts, Pitt, just yet. However, after those 4 teams, I really think it is wide open and whether or not the Bills make the playoffs is going to be just as much dependent on how those other teams perform.