Harmon Forecast on CBS website

NJ_BillsFan

I just saw the Harmon forecast here:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/harmon_forecast

Read the underlined sentences. These were right after eachother. Which fact is right. He's obviously wrong about one. Another writer who talks out of his @ss and has the gaul to have a :forecast" named after him. <_<

*Buffalo 28 Houston 17 -- The Bills possess one of the league's stingiest defenses, which should be enough to slow down the Texans, a team that continues to slowly mature on offense. Buffalo was strong against the run and the pass, and forced a conference-best 39 turnovers last season. RB Willis MaGahee's ability to move the chains will be the difference against Houston.

New Orleans 18, *Carolina 14 -- Carolina has established itself as a team that makes big plays on defense. The Panthers led the NFL with 38 takeaways, but New Orleans is equal to the task defensively with a league-leading 20 fumble recoveries in 2004. Both teams are strong against the pass, which could result in an emphasis on the run, which favors the Saints.

I just saw the Harmon forecast here:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/harmon_forecast

Read the underlined sentences.  These were right after eachother.  Which fact is right.  He's obviously wrong about one.  Another writer who talks out of his @ss and has the gaul to have a :forecast" named after him. :lol:

*Buffalo 28 Houston 17 -- The Bills possess one of the league's stingiest defenses, which should be enough to slow down the Texans, a team that continues to slowly mature on offense. Buffalo was strong against the run and the pass, and forced a conference-best 39 turnovers last season. RB Willis MaGahee's ability to move the chains will be the difference against Houston.

New Orleans 18, *Carolina 14 -- Carolina has established itself as a team that makes big plays on defense. The Panthers led the NFL with 38 takeaways, but New Orleans is equal to the task defensively with a league-leading 20 fumble recoveries in 2004. Both teams are strong against the pass, which could result in an emphasis on the run, which favors the Saints.

432086[/snapback]

Well, other than getting the numbers reversed (Panthers had 39 takeaways, the Bills 38) he's right... <_<

*Buffalo 28 Houston 17 -- The Bills possess one of the league's stingiest defenses, which should be enough to slow down the Texans, a team that continues to slowly mature on offense.  Buffalo was strong against the run and the pass, and forced a conference-best 39 turnovers last season. RB Willis MaGahee's ability to move the chains will be the difference against Houston.

432086[/snapback]

I don't know if this makes any sense even without the stat blunder.

I'd say one of the of the league's stingiest defense should be able to hold a slowly maturing offense to 17 pts. I also think we're going to need more than "McGahee moving the chains" to score 28.

Frankly if somebody offered me today: "I can guarantee you exactly 17 pts for Houston, no more, no less " I don't think I'd take that deal.