Driving to BUFF Saturday morning...

FreeBird

Leving at 4am Sat morning for my annual trip back to BUFF for the opener, golf, Molsons, Fort Erie Tata bars, and BUFF "GoodEats". In Memphis many stations are out, wondering how it will be along the drive to Nashville, Louisville, Cinci, Columbus Cleveland, and WNY.. I don't care about price just AVAILABILITY! All info appreciated, tough to tell from inet information..

And what about that TaTa bar near the airport?? Any good?? or filled w BUFF BUTT poonanies!! :P

Put this in the gas thread but 2 deep 2 be seen..

THX!

I've got no idea about your question Jim, but want to give a big AMEN to that trip! This is my 5th straight year of making the drive up from NJ on Friday night. Saturday is golf, Anchor Bar, Canadian ballet, Chippewa, Jim's Steakout, closing time, 3-4 hours of sleep, and then lot 5 at 9am!! Drive home that night around 6 or 7!

Best bet is fill up at every half tank and pick routes with enough gas stations so you can always miss a few on the way. It will take longer and cost more but you will make it. If you have a truck you can carry gas but do not carry one in a car even in the trunk - people have been known to have fumes overwhelm them even from closed containers.

Memphis Jim's pictures from last year:

http://members.cox.net/billswatch2/MJ/

Maybe he can stop by this year ....

I'll be flying in from California if airline has gas and Northwest strike does not stop flight.

Best bet is fill up at every half tank and pick routes with enough gas stations so you can always miss a few on the way.  It will take longer and cost more but you will make it.  If you have a truck you can carry gas but do not carry one in a car even in the trunk - people have been known to have fumes overwhelm them even from closed containers.

Memphis Jim's pictures from last year:

http://members.cox.net/billswatch2/MJ/

Maybe he can stop by this year ....

I'll be flying in from California if airline has gas and Northwest strike does not stop flight.

427468[/snapback]

Yo Glen! Yeah, I'm going to spend about 10 days in BUFF, haven't spent that much time there since I moved away in 76.. Looking forward to catching up. So when did you move from DC to CA? Where are you living now?

Where is the tailgate, same place as last years? If we can believe the 10 day forecast, it's looking perfect!

Yo Glen! Yeah, I'm going to spend about 10 days in BUFF, haven't spent that much time there since I moved away in 76.. Looking forward to catching up.  So when did you move from DC to CA?  Where are you living now?

Where is the tailgate, same place as last years?  If we can believe the 10 day forecast, it's looking perfect!

427582[/snapback]

Still living in VA just working in CA occasionally.

Tailgate is same place: Hammer's Lot

People start getting there at 7:30 or so ...

Pre-tailgate party is at Danny's (also on page above)

I'll be in town Saturday night and heading to Buffalo Brew Pub and Danny's.

Love too but I get in at 6:30 at airport (if I am lucky), beg a ride from R. Rich who should already be at Buffalo Brew Pub, and then need to head to Danny's. Saturday and Sunday until Texans are Toast . Catch up with me at tailgate or we need to do it afterwards or on Monday or another date. I'll be flying in for at one other game, probably two (free airline tickets I need to use this year).

yo g host

stop across the street at Brennans and I'll buy a cold one or three.

427635[/snapback]

Brennans still going strong! Used to pick up nursing students from BUFF Gen there , back in the day!!! Memories!!! This South Towner might have to motor up North..

Brennans still going strong!  Used to pick up nursing students from BUFF Gen there , back in the day!!!  Memories!!! This South Towner might have to motor up North..

427793[/snapback]

Brennans out in Clarence. You sure that wasn't Brunners down on Main in the city?? Dirt floor and 3 OV Splits for a buck!!

Brennans out in Clarence.  You sure that wasn't Brunners down on Main in the city??  Dirt floor and 3 OV Splits for a buck!!

427950[/snapback]

Yes! Brunners on Main, That the spot...did well at that place!

Enjoying this sweet sweet BUFF weather. It's like living in Air Conditioning.

The gas here is nuts, no issues on the drive up last Saturday. I paid $2.92 Fri in Memphis, On Sat -$3.19 in Nashville, Louisville and Columbus for premium, reg was 2.99. As soon as I hit NW PA - $ 3.39reg, $3.69 premium..and I saw 4.09 premium on Sunday just off Route 5 in HAmburg by St Francis....ufb..

Did my best time ever 940 miles 13.5 hours..

Sunday will be a beautiful day. Saw on the news they are going to pat everyone down as we enter TheRalph, that should slow it down a bit..