OMG, we are D-o-o-m-e-d!!

Kent14

Ok, so we lost our home opener. Half of this board is ready to fold the rest of the season?! Not to lay down excuses or anything but we have a rookie head coach on a team that isn't much different than last years below .500 team. We didn't lose to the f'ing chargers here guys. The jags are a trendy pick for the playoffs. They made some pretty amazing plays to win the game and they deserved the win. Don't kid yourselves the Jags are a good team. Yeah we had some mistakes, penalties and such, but there were a lot fewer than last years team. For the most part I liked the play calling, schemes, and lineups. ( minus a few plays like the reverse on the first drive). It's a learning process for Mularkey, but he already showed some good decisions ie. the challenge on Moulds catch. Calm the fug down and enjoy the season. It will be the start of something very very nice.

I am certainly with you - despite being sick about the loss...it was a game full of positives (as far as i am concerned) for the future of this team.

1. Play calling, and coaching in general seemed like night and day better than the last regime on both sides of the ball.

2. Special teams looked solid, if unspectacular and i can only remember one penalty. They didnt do anything to kill us, except missing the field goal of course.

3. Defense looked good for most of the game, the only problem i have is that they still get about ZERO pressure on the passer when they dont blitz.

4. Offensive line did a very good job on pass protection, though they were quite often overmatched in the run game - they still put out a respectable yardage total against a top run D. (which brings us to #5)

5. The team showed it is truly committed to the run for the first time that i can remember all the preseason rhetoric was more than just a mirage!

6. DB looked very good to me, didnt make any bad decisions or do anything to lose the game (the only sack was a coverage sack when he made the conscious decision to protect the ball and scoring opportunity). Some here say he should not have thrown the ball to Moulds on the turnover, but that's nonsense, the guy who made the hit was the corner who broke off his coverage on the outside receiver at the last second, that was not something DB could have anticipated.

Overall i like the philosophy and the direction the team appears to be headed in. Yes, we will have some close games this year, but i think the offense will be more potent as the season goes on and DB will be more successful against most teams because our running game is going to wear a lot of defenses out and frustrate the hell out of them.