Why weren't we blitzing late in the game?

justnzane

It killed me when I saw the Bills playing soft coverage against Leftwich when our Blitzes were working pretty well. Any time that he had a little time in the pocket, he was efficient but our blitzes were messing him up. Now I am not saying rush 8 people in the situation at the end of the game, but put more than 3 lineman in to rush this guy. Ugh.

It killed me when I saw the Bills playing soft coverage against Leftwich when our Blitzes were working pretty well. Any time that he had a little time in the pocket, he was efficient but our blitzes were messing him up. Now I am not saying rush 8 people in the situation at the end of the game, but put more than 3 lineman in to rush this guy. Ugh.

27907[/snapback]

No blitzes because we played the stupid prevent defense. We all know what the prevent defense does.....it prevents you from winning. TERRIBLE Mr. Gray.

i totally agree. i was screaming for gray to send some guys after leftwich that entire drive. you can say we shouldn't do it on 4th down, but there was a 3rd down play prior to that where i feel we should have brought the house.

hell, they wound up getting single coverage on smith anyway, so in hindsight it would have been smart to blitz on 4th down too.

i totally agree.  i was screaming for gray to send some guys after leftwich that entire drive.  you can say we shouldn't do it on 4th down, but there was a 3rd down play prior to that where i feel we should have brought the house. 

hell, they wound up getting single coverage on smith anyway, so in hindsight it would have been smart to blitz on 4th down too.

27930[/snapback]

thank you man. Now it is time for Gray to realize that he has no other Defensive Gurus to watch over him, so he has to take the training wheels off and act like a big boy/

thank you man. Now it is time for Gray to realize that he has no other Defensive Gurus to watch over him, so he has to take the training wheels off and act like a big boy/

27944[/snapback]

yeah...y'know i hate to bash the guy after we give up 6 points in 59.9 minutes of football...but that last drive was poorly called from a defensive standpoint.

i am not a big gray fan...