Some WSOP spoilers

I know I'm probably one of the ONLY wallers who who plays poker for a living (at least until I get a job), but I think can give some perspective to this thread.  Personally (and professionally), I would love to see a 21 year old win the main event with little or no experiece?  Why?  So more young players will start thinking it doesn't  take much to be a good poker player.  The guys you see on TV are GOOD.  Lederer, Chan, and Ivey espically.  The funny thing is, that these tournies aren't really how they make their money.  Almost all their money is made via cash games and most tourneys are for glory and for pride (I guess the money helps a little...).  I heard a rumor that Ivey, in the last 3 years, has made between 50-80 million playing poker.  And he's not taking this money off chumps either, he's taking it off seasoned pros. 

The WSOP is a great event, and cardplayer.com is the place to follow it this year.  If you are thinking of learning poker, I would give this advise: Read up, start small (many online sites offer $25 max buy in NL or .25/.50 limit games), take advantage of online sites deposit bonuses, and read up.  There are so many books out there, there's no reason to risk any money without reading up first.

373853[/snapback]

I think that when Chris Moneymaker won the main event, that happened. I started playing poker shortly before that '03 tourney was on TV. Since then, 90% of the people in my school have started playing (I am underage). When I first started playing, it was me and four of my friends play $5 tournaments for fun. Winner got like 20 bucks most of the time. Now, I can play a game every night if I want where I can win up to $200 in Hold 'em, Omaha, 7 card, ect. I love to play and love to win. I am one of the best in my school at NL hold 'em tourneys.