Buffalo #3 Cleanest City in USA

Tom

Do you work with Citizen action? That is a great organization! As an activist I have worked with them many times. I am not normally involved in enviromental justice issues but I am getting involved with Citizens Enviromental Coalition concerning the high amounts of benzene (among others) emitions found in air samples in North BUffalo and Tonowanda.

361410[/snapback]

Actually I mised typed. The number if for the Buffalo office of CEC rather than for the Buffalo office of Citizen Action. CEC tends to do more citizeen monitoring of pollutants and aides normal folk in using some fairly sophisticated monitoring activities which are becoming even more accessible to real people as technology becomes less expensive and is minaturized and as data is more ubiquitous due to the internet. Citizen Action has focused the last few years on organizational capacity building using a grant they acquired from Kellogg Fdn.

Both are good groups.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe all the whining about this.......  Just be happy Buffalo gets some good press. :devil:

361432[/snapback]

I agree Tom, even when Buffalo gets good news like this people still don't want to believe that it's possible that things are changing.