JP

djfarr00

The fact is, JP is NOT in this draft and we needed a young QB of the future last year in case Drew play much better than in the past.  We got JP and he has been learning and will start this year.  If we did not make the trade and did not pick another young QB of the future up last year then I would say that we would have had our chance to pick Rodgers this year and could have started Kelly Holcomb until he was ready.  What was the better move?  We shall see!!!

By the way, IF JP was in THIS draft somehow, I believe he would have been picked late in the first round (Washington, GB) -- just based on QB needs of teams.

314161[/snapback]

oops or the Bills right at 20! :w00t:

Personally, and I have said it all along, Smith and Rdgers are both better then JP.  JP would have gone 3rd rather than 4th this year, but still mid-late 1st rounder.

314024[/snapback]

Thanks Mel Kiper....what are you wasting all of this great knowledge for free on here for.....you should be on some NFL draft show :w00t:

JP would have been the first pick, and at worst would have gone top-5.  Just because Rodgers is falling doesn't mean JP would have fallen.  Most teams don't think too highly of Rodgers so no one wanted to take him high.  But at #24 or thereabouts, he's a good pick.

314142[/snapback]

rogers fell because no one really needed a qb after tampa picked williams. not because he is as bad as everyone is saying. same would have been true for jp

he never said that.  he said he owuld have been right up there w/ these 2

Clayton and Mort said he'd be the first pick. In any case, it's water under the bridge. Even if the Bills hadn't drafted JP last year and had a shot at Rodgers, I wouldn't have wanted him. IMHO he's the (distant) 2nd best of a bad crop of QB's.

Nope and JP still would have gone later part of round 1.  Guess TD got ripped.

Personally, and I have said it all along, Smith and Rdgers are both better then JP.  JP would have gone 3rd rather than 4th this year, but still mid-late 1st rounder.

314024[/snapback]

We'll certainly find out this year, huh?