Who are the free agents on defense after this year

Rudyc80

Everyone seems to differ on wether Adams, Milloy, Kelsay, Fletcher, and posey. i know Clements is done after this season coming up but i though those guys were locked up(assuming they arent cap casualtys) for this season and next.

Im not sure however when some say 06 if thats for the 05-06 season or are free agents heading into january of 07 but still considered the 06 season till the superbowl is over. I guess im asking are these guys other than clements here this season+next or just this season upcoming?

Everyone seems to differ on wether Adams, Milloy, Kelsay, Fletcher, and posey. i know Clements is done after this season coming up but i though those guys  were locked up(assuming they arent cap casualtys) for this season and next.

Im not sure however when some say 06 if thats for the 05-06 season or are free agents heading into january of 07 but still considered the 06 season till the superbowl is over. I guess im asking are these guys other than clements here this season+next or just this season upcoming?

267363[/snapback]

after 2005 season (3): clements, edwards, and mcgee (RFA)

after 2006 season (5): fletcher, milloy, adams, posey, and kelsey

after 2007 season (0):

after 2008 season (1): spikes

after 2009 season (2): vincent and schobel

i look for a 1st day CB in the draft......that is TD's style with approaching free agents, the draft is deep at CB, and we need someone to challenge thomas and greer anyway.......i would also be working hard on extending edwards now before he has a breakout season........clements and mcgee have already upped their prices, but i'd like to see them both locked up long-term.......

after the '06 season, i expect fletcher, milloy, adams, and posey will all be replaced, if not sooner........not necessarly a bad thing, as those 4 tie up a lot of cap dollars now and even more in '06......kelsey should be extended as soon as possible to give us a solid bookend on the other side of schobel for many years to come........

vincent will never see the end of his deal, but we have flexability in that he is signed through '09 and his salary stays the same the last 3 years of the deal.......i believe his signing bonus was reasonable, so he can be cut anytime after '06 with minimal cap consequences.......