A fantastic Bills New Year's memory...

Clockwork

It was just barely into 2001, and a dear friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) worked security at the stadium. This is all happening right after John Butler gets fired, and the Bills are in quite the situation with the GM and subsequent change at coach looming large. Myself and a pair of my friends trek up the the Ralph in pretty wintery conditions (almost slid off the side of the road a few times).

In any case, our security friend took us on a 2am tour of the stadium. Starting in the field house, we threw fade routes to each other in the corners of the end zone, caught balls and tried to get 2 feet in bounds, kicked field goals and goofed around. From there, we took a tour of the coaches office, GM's office (which was empty at the time, before the hiring of Donahoe), and eventually made our way the the 50 yard line of the stadium. There, we smoked a joint and left the roach right at midfield. We joked around how rebellious we were about getting away with it.

Seemingly, since that incident, the Bills have not made it to the playoffs. I feel like the fun we had that night is the reason for the curse! Not Flutie, not Bruce or Thurman or Andre or Butler......but the roach we left.......

I apologize to Bills nation on behalf of us guys, who at the time in their early 20's were just trying to have a good time. I feel like our fun that night has cost us years of futility!

It was just barely into 2001, and a dear friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) worked security at the stadium. This is all happening right after John Butler gets fired, and the Bills are in quite the situation with the GM and subsequent change at coach looming large. Myself and a pair of my friends trek up the the Ralph in pretty wintery conditions (almost slid off the side of the road a few times).

In any case, our security friend took us on a 2am tour of the stadium. Starting in the field house, we threw fade routes to each other in the corners of the end zone, caught balls and tried to get 2 feet in bounds, kicked field goals and goofed around. From there, we took a tour of the coaches office, GM's office (which was empty at the time, before the hiring of Donahoe), and eventually made our way the the 50 yard line of the stadium. There, we smoked a joint and left the roach right at midfield. We joked around how rebellious we were about getting away with it.

Seemingly, since that incident, the Bills have not made it to the playoffs. I feel like the fun we had that night is the reason for the curse! Not Flutie, not Bruce or Thurman or Andre or Butler......but the roach we left.......

I apologize to Bills nation on behalf of us guys, who at the time in their early 20's were just trying to have a good time. I feel like our fun that night has cost us years of futility!

The last time the Bills won a playoff game was 1995; coincidentally the same year OJ was found "not guilty" in his murder trial.

It's OJ's fault.

The only reason the Bills won the '95 playoff game was because there was some left-over good karma from Frank Reich (he forgot to bring it with him when he left for Carolina)

True story..

Edited by Mr_Blizzard