What I would do with the Offseason 2013

missthe kgun

Best parts of your ideas:

1. Trade Kyle Williams - He doesn't fit. Prolly a 4th rounder. Maybe Denver

2. Sign Landry and Mauluga. They are not perfect, but they can play the run.

3. Draft Jamie Collins.

I think it's a good year to load up on 4th rounders if they can get them.

Thanks JPS, I think loading up on picks is a very smart thing to do most years, you can take chances on guys when you have extra picks. Guys like Burfict last year...Look at how that worked out for the Bengals...

1) QB - Id likely let Fitz walk. Sign Matt Moore, just in case you dont get your guy in the draft. Jackson and Moore can battle it out. Id be willing to give a decent price to make sure we get our guy though, and wouldnt mind a qb room with Rookie, moore, and jackson for the year.

2) id pay byrd with the best of them. just get it done. the fact that its so quiet right now is hopefully a good sign (good progress, and no one wants to rock the boat too much).

3) Levitre - id tag him, unless we have someone targeted that we feel safe that we will get in FA that fits the scheme better at a better value. dont like a downgrade here, but we dont know all the details behind the scenes (asking price, fit to plan, etc...)

4) kelsay does have to get cheaper. in this role im choosing between merriman and kelsey, and i think that skill isnt a huge gap but merriman brings a fire that our dline could use and is cheaper. unless kelsey becomes a great value, let him go

5) KW is not worth what hed bring back. getting older, not cheap and a series of leg injuries mean hes worth more to us than the pick hed get

6) already covered

7) covered

8) i think we see 2 WRs added that will be recognized names - how that breaks down between draft and FA, we will see.

9) a second tier TE would be a welcome addition

10) in #8 i shouldve said 2 WRs and 2 LBs - mid range vets or early draft picks. i dont think we get RM, but hes a guy that is possible

11) i do not like landry at all. think hes a bit of a punk, is terrible in coverage and im waiting for his body to give out on him totally from the roids.

12) id be willing to move up for geno, and wouldnt mind barkley one bit if his shoulder checks out. keeping the line in tact (especially up the middle in the qbs face) is especially important if we are serious about developing a guy

13) i wish i saw more tennessee - that he was the #3 there before rogers got booted worries me. something just doesnt add up - going into the season did tennessee really have 3 prospects that if you wiped the off field issues with rogers out would amount to 3 of the best 5-6 options in the draft, plus a qb with "a plus arm talent?" it just seems off to me but i didnt watch enough to have any idea whats missing in the equation.

14) i dont see a tag and trade

15) i think we will have a qb by 41. in fact, id guess it wont be that long and if we pass at 8 we will have one in the teens-twenties.

im not going to get into late rounders - find some guys that fit whatever the plan is, and pull the trigger and hope for the best.

Hunter was coming off a knee injury which is why he wasn't on the radar early on, but the kid is ope when he's not open like Buddy said.