Random Thoughts

Mike F

Ok, first and foremost, I love the Bills, regardless of the outcome today. Some folks on this board go to wild extremes, to say the least, depending on the outcome of the game.

Consider this quote; "you are never as good as you look when you win, and you are never as bad as you look when you lose".

I can't remember where I heard that first, but it sums up the Bills season, IMO.

Overall, they finished 9-7, or a three game improvement over last year. Not a bad first season for Mularkey and staff. And, a great foundation for next year and beyond.

Yes, the 0-4 start blows and the Jacksonville game cost us a wild card......but, we also finished 9-3 down the stretch and learned some valuable lessons for next year.

Willis McGahee and Lee Evans are future stars. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, with only a few glaring areas of need (OG for one). Despite dealing our first round pick for JP, we can use our draft picks (and Travis Henry), plus Free Agency to address them.

Drew is a below average QB that gets exposed against a decent defense. We needed him in the second half, to go 9-3, but at the same time, we put ourselves a bit behind for next year, by not getting JP any game action. I think Drew is our #2 next year, with JP getting the nod to start.

Thanks for a one hell of a season, Bills..................I wouldn't expect anything less then the "roller coaster" you put me through.

I think so.........sounds like Marv!

If we lose Modrak to Cleveland (rumored), wouldn't it be neat if Marv could join the front office, as an advisor?

Great post.  Wasn't it Marv Levy who made that quote?

188728[/snapback]

Good post.

These folks that relate this game to life and death (hoping Lindell dies, etc.) need to get a grip.

We had to know that we were great against bad teams, but would get clobbered by decent playoff teams. The Bills took a step forward this year.

Hopefully, the braintrust sees Bledsoe's shortcomings.

Hopefully, Losman stays around in the off-season to learn as much as possible.

Evans will likely be training with Moulds in the off-season.

Lots of good things for 2005.