3d blu rays

birdog1960

i've been underwhelmed by the availabilty of titles and in some cases, the quality of the discs that are available. this weekend i bought 3 discs on sale at best buy for $20 each: harry potter deathly hallows parts 1 and 2, and hubble 3d. what amazes me is the difference in 3d quality among them. hubble is awesome, hp part 2 ok and hp 1 is worse in 3d than 2d. i assumed that buying a blockbuster in 3d would guarantee a good product... wrong. so far the best disc i've seen is still "hugo". any thoughts on what's good and what to avoid in 3d blu ray? i'd like to avoid wasting another 20 bucks. based on hubble, i'm guessing anything imax is a good bet.

Best I've seen yet is the last Final Destination film...there is a bridge scene in the beginning that truly impressed me. Worst I've seen is Fright Night. I dont know if you have DirecTV, but the 3D channels they have are fantastic.

Best I've seen yet is the last Final Destination film...there is a bridge scene in the beginning that truly impressed me. Worst I've seen is Fright Night. I dont know if you have DirecTV, but the 3D channels they have are fantastic.

salesman at best buy tried to talk me into direct tv. they had espn's x games on and it looked pretty good. he said you could get pay per view and one other proprietary direct tv station in 3d. doesn't seem like much material to compensate for my general past dissatisfaction with dtv but i'm thinking about it. it would be a better deal than buying marginal movies just to experience 3d and get some use out of my display. are there more 3d channels than that available? any word on major cable companies joining in? mine doesn't even currently deliver 1080p so i'm thinking it will be a long time coming.

salesman at best buy tried to talk me into direct tv. they had espn's x games on and it looked pretty good. he said you could get pay per view and one other proprietary direct tv station in 3d. doesn't seem like much material to compensate for my general past dissatisfaction with dtv but i'm thinking about it. it would be a better deal than buying marginal movies just to experience 3d and get some use out of my display. are there more 3d channels than that available? any word on major cable companies joining in? mine doesn't even currently deliver 1080p so i'm thinking it will be a long time coming.

If you're into 3D, I think it's totally worth it just for that. I was relatively happy with Dish, but when I got my 3D projector and realized how little material there was for it, I jumped at DTV when I saw that they had those channels. They have three or four 3D channels and it's plenty of material for me. The 3D Cinema channel is great, but I watch ESPN 3D and the other 3D channel they offer that has all sorts of IMAX films and other documentary type stuff on it. The image is very impressive...better than most 3D films that I watch. And aside from the Cinema 3D, which is PPV, the other 3D channels are free with the basic package. There are supposed to be more on the way, and I have a feeling that DTV will be among the leaders in this area among cable and other satellite providers. The first time you see college football in 3D is a pretty special moment :)

BTW, here is a service that I use from time to time, as well...I first saw it on an audio/video forum and have had good results...lots of positive feedback and testimonials over at avsforum.com

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/StoreFront.bok

hubble is imax 3d. If you are looking for scenes that pop out imax 3d is way to go. Harry potter was not filmed in 3d. It was converted into 3d which is why it sucked. Before you buy a 3d dvd make sure the movie was shot in real 3d. Also imax 3d is always the best.