1. 1. Best D-Line this year:

• 49'ers
    • Texans
    • Steelers
    • Giants
    • Lions
    • Bills
    • Other

Yeah, everyone here is echoing the same sentiment - you can't pick us over teams that are proven. I get that, and that's the difference between having conversations like this now, and having them in October. And, as I mentioned before, there is also a big difference between grading individual players, and then how they play as a group.

Lots of factors here. I'm writing this because there is another factor I'd like to mention. Certain teams have had success with relatively little known players - the Steelers D-line comes to mind here - and even with teams like the Giants, part of their success comes from the style they play, the way the coach wants them to be. I think this is a really critical factor to keep in mind. What is the defense supposed to play like? What is it supposed to be? If Wannstedt's defense, when he gets it out there and we start seeing games played, is going to be compared, game after game, to an ideal that he has in mind, and these players can live up to that - and if that ideal is a D-line that just wreaks havoc on everyone, then ours might indeed end up tops.

We really have to wait and see what type of identity this team has. By mid-season we'll know if they're going to be considered one of the best. I don't know how everyone else feels, but little would please me more about the Bills than if we ended up having one the best defenses in our team's history. It would be great to go from worst to best, and I really love it when teams coming into Buffalo have to worry about being able to score, or keep their QB upright. A great defense goes a long, long way toward creating a sense of a home field advantage, defending our "home". I can't wait.