Being Positive about our Bills and things to work on after the Bengals

PO'14

I finally got approved by the administrators.

It might be late but here are my thoughts about Sundays loss to the Bungals ( and somewhat the year do date )

Positives

1) First Half Turnovers were huge. Great job by the defense. The D had a difficult second half but when considering the field position differential, our Defense did an excellent job.

2) First down execution was excellent.

3) Although off target, Fitz did a great job of getting rid of the ball and not getting sacked. ( its ok to have an off day )

4) With a terrible second half, the Bills still had a chance to win the game.

5) Moorman is a stud kicker.

6) Special teams were good again

7) Chandler is a great target and weapon to use

8) The O-line is doing a good job this year ( maybe Fitz is just that much better than Edwards and Losman )

Things to improve on, or hoping Chan goes back to the basics

1) Second and third down executions were terrible. Often the Bills would get 5-9 yards on first and then end up kicking it away. The ones that stick out for me are the deep passes and......Going with Spiller so many times instead of riding the stud Jackson.

2) Spiller doesnt have the experience yet. IMO he should not be touching the ball in important situations as he is not getting it done. How does he get this experience you might ask...Maybe more touches in less important plays ( when losing or winning big ) or using Mcintyre to open up seams for him. Although Jackson opened up a hole for him in the 4rth and he didnt follow him.

3) Im not a big believer in Wild Cat, but seeing that Fitz and Jackson were having trouble, why not try it a few times.

4) The Defense and or Offense not playing 60 minutes. I dont care that they give up lots of offense as this year has been all about offense. I dont care that the Offense doesnt put up 30 points. What happens to the great teams is that when the offense doesnt show up, the Defense steps up and VICE VERSA.

Finally,

To all of those that say that the Bills played a terrible game. Lets divide it up and agree that they played a terrible second half. People wondered about the LET DOWN after such a big win against the Pats. This let down came in the second half. They came out flat. Its normal. All teams do so from time to time.

However to say that the Bills didnt deserve to win...that is a crock of doodoo. The refs played a huge role in this loss. Winning ugly and winning pretty still equals to one thing, A WIN! And I truly believe that the Bills would have won the game had the Fix not been put in. The momentum was shifting and that terrible call against Stevie totally killed the Bills. Whoever cant see this, doesnt understand the ebb and flow of games. ( just chalk up another hose job against my beloved Bills )

This Sunday at the Ralph lets hope that Chan acknowledges that the play calling on 2nd and 3rd down was terrible. Lets also hope that the Defense continues the many turnovers it has created thus far!

Cheers to all

the play calling on 2nd and 3rd down was terrible.

This one has been bothering me. On 2nd & 1 the entire playbook should be open and we should be calling some ambitious shite. Instead Chan always plays it safe and goes for the 1st down right away. And Brad Smith has a 100% conversion rate on 3rd & 1, but instead Chan called a ton of long passes.