My takeaways from the game

jonramz

1) The Bills defense has to get better against jump balls. The Raiders and now the Bengals have killed us by just throwing balls up to their WR and they have made plays on the balls that our DB's have been unable to make.

---> X's and O's point Bills play a lot of Cover 1 and Cover 3 which leaves a safety in the middle of the field and CB's 1 on 1 on deep balls. Might be time to give more help over the top to our DB's against WR's that can go up and get it

2) The fact that Cincy was able to play press man against our WR's most a lot of the game was very troubling to me, it really highlighted the lack of natural talent we have at the WR position. Gailey is very good at scheming things up, but when Cincy went 1 on 1 against us we could not take advantage of it.

3) The lack of blitzing must be due to the fact that we do not have any confidence in our DB's. The few times we did blitz and Dalton's 1st read was not there, he looked very confused, the only reason I can guess that we did not keep it up was the fear that we would get burned.

4) I don't think Dalton played very well, just like I didn't think Campbell played that well either... big plays are killing our defense.

5) The OL and Fitz must be commended for the lack of sacks and most importantly lack of turnovers.