OK, you NFL tiebreaker rule geeks ...

SoCal Pat

... what's gotta happen for Buffalo to play San Diego in the first round? I'm going to Sunday's game against SF, and the idea of having the Bills pull of the West Coast road Superfecta sounds pretty good right now.

It's almost 99 percent guaranteed that if we make the playoffs, that's who our first-round opponent will be, right?

San Diego and Indy have the same record right now, and IIRC, didn't play each other this year. So who would be the No. 3 seed as things stand now, and how they'll likely end up?

... what's gotta happen for Buffalo to play San Diego in the first round? I'm going to Sunday's game against SF, and the idea of having the Bills pull of the West Coast road Superfecta sounds pretty good right now.

It's almost 99 percent guaranteed that if we make the playoffs, that's who our first-round opponent will be, right?

San Diego and Indy have the same record right now, and IIRC, didn't play each other this year. So who would be the No. 3 seed as things stand now, and how they'll likely end up?

170087[/snapback]

The Colts and Bolts play each other this Sunday. The winner of that game clinches the 3rd seed, provided the Steelers nor Pats tank their final 2 games.

The Colts and Bolts play each other this Sunday. The winner of that game clinches the 3rd seed, provided the Steelers nor Pats tank their final 2 games.

170091[/snapback]

Well ... I missed that one. I've been so concerned only about our competition in the WC race that I haven't bothered with the schedules of teams that have already clinched.

I'm rooting for San Diego then, but I won't hold it against some of our Midwestern Bills fans if they want Indy to win. That's one of those scoreboard-watching games where we can disagree on what's best for the Bills, and take different sides.

The Bills would have a better chance against San Diego than Indy.

I think the Buffalo defense could stop Drew Brees and LT and Antonio Gates. I'm not so sure about Peyton & Company.

Best case scenario:

Bills win last two; Jacksonville, Denver, and Baltimore all split (1-1). This has probably been done to death on this board, but the Jags have the easiest schedule (home to Houston, at Oakland).

Mike