Expectations for Stevie Johnson this year

Phlegm Alley

it all depends on the guys up front. If we can protect fitz, run the ball well enough to set up the pass, i see no reason as to why SJ cant have a solid year. will he put up those numbers? who knows. He has the ability to do so. One thing that does concern me is he will get teams best defenders every sunday, he may have a hard time adjusting his game at first, but i have complete faith in him to do so.

But in all reality everything is based on what the guys in the trenches do. If they can be a solid OL, the offense should be fine. Our season from my point of view is based on what the OL can do for protection.

regardless im pretty excited to see our team play.

I expect him to pick up where he left off last year.

He hasn't done anything to show me that he isn't capable of putting up 1000 yards. He drops some passes, but so did T.O who is a first ballot HOFer

As much as I want to see him eclipse last years numbers, i'm a realist and think he will be hard pressed to get 60 catches and 750 yards. Anybody remember Peerless Price when he took big money to go to Atlanta and be their #1? Didn't work out so well for him because he no longer had the defense #2 corner on him. Eric Moulds always had the #1 CB on him, just like Evans did. Johnson is going to struggle this year.

As much as I want to see him eclipse last years numbers, i'm a realist and think he will be hard pressed to get 60 catches and 750 yards. Anybody remember Peerless Price when he took big money to go to Atlanta and be their #1? Didn't work out so well for him because he no longer had the defense #2 corner on him. Eric Moulds always had the #1 CB on him, just like Evans did. Johnson is going to struggle this year.

Steve was good with Lee and he didn't miss a step without Lee..

Our OL will be better this year, not much better but better, Fitz will have more playbook to work with, and our D will get the ball back to the O more often.

I expect Steve to have a similar year as last year

Edited by shibuya

Steve was good with Lee and he didn't miss a step without Lee..

Our OL will be better this year, not much better but better, Fitz will have more playbook to work with, and our D will get the ball back to the O more often.

I expect Steve to have a similar year as last year

Believe what you want, but that's not what the numbers say...

without Evans in the game--4 games

Johnson 4.8 catches and 54.4 yards per game 1 TD

with Evans in the game--11 games

Johnson 5.3 catches and 72.8 yards per game 9 TD

Did someone on NFL network or ESPN start using this idiotic phrase? This has to be the third time this week I've heard it. No offense to OP because obviously you're just using the new parlance of our times, but can anyone clarify where this pseudo-intellectual verbal excrement came from?

This is actually a phrase from statistics that has been around for a long time. The basic idea is that you might observe "outliers" around the mean, which in this case might translate to having a season w/ 1200-1500 yards receiving and 10-15 TDs - But over time, as more data over more seasons is collected, you'd expect more average-like numbers (perhaps 800-1000, 6-8 TDs) - That is, you'd expect reversion toward the mean or average ("expected") level of performance. I chose those number for illustrative purposes only, FYI. Hope that helps.