Lacrosse talk - Bandits clinch division, Swarm get a home playoff game

Fezmid

I know that there's some box LAX fans here. The Bandits have once again won their division. The Swarm managed to get the 2nd seed in their conference and host their 2nd ever home playoff game. Can't wait!!! :)

The Swarm had a season ticket holder event after the game where fans go on the field and chat with the players and get autographs. Kevin Ross, a Swarm player, noticed my Bills jacket and asked if I was a fan. Turns out he grew up in Buffalo and went to Canisius. Kinda cool. :)

Anyway, go Swarm and go Bandits! (and go Sabres tomorrow :D )

I know that there's some box LAX fans here. The Bandits have once again won their division. The Swarm managed to get the 2nd seed in their conference and host their 2nd ever home playoff game. Can't wait!!! :)

The Swarm had a season ticket holder event after the game where fans go on the field and chat with the players and get autographs. Kevin Ross, a Swarm player, noticed my Bills jacket and asked if I was a fan. Turns out he grew up in Buffalo and went to Canisius. Kinda cool. :)

Anyway, go Swarm and go Bandits! (and go Sabres tomorrow :D )

I love the NLL, and I honestly have more fun following the Bandits than I do the Bills or Sabres.

The East is completely up for grabs now. The Bandits and Rock have been backing their way into the playoffs.

I don't know much about the West, but I'm rooting for the Swarm to make it to the finals since the other 3 teams have already won championships.

Your encounter with Ross doesn't surprise me. A majority of players in the league come from the greater Golden Horseshoe region.

How are the gameday crowds out in Swarmland? Is the team catching on? Here in Buffalo, things are going great. Sellouts half the time, near sellouts the other.

How are the gameday crowds out in Swarmland? Is the team catching on? Here in Buffalo, things are going great. Sellouts half the time, near sellouts the other.

I went to the first ever Bandits game back in the MILL, so I know the crowds there are great. They're very good in Minnesota as well, but not quite at that level yet. The past two games they've averaged around 9,500 fans which is cool. They used to get around that many every game in years past, but part of that was because season ticket holders were given a "buy 2 get 2 free" promotion which inflated the numbers. Now it's "buy 2 get 2 half price," and the numbers are still going up as the season carries on so I think it's working out pretty well. It'll be interesting to see how many are at the playoff game on Saturday. :)

:lol:

What's so funny....?

Bandits wins!!! Bandits win!!! Thank you, John Tavares!

Round two is next Saturday night in Buffalo against either Toronto or Rochester, depending on tomorrow's result.

Minnesota dominated in the first quarter.... Unfortunately lacrosse has four quarters. :(

I'm pulling for the Bandits though. :)

Minnesota dominated in the first quarter.... Unfortunately lacrosse has four quarters. :(

I'm pulling for the Bandits though. :)

Well you lost to last year's champions, who happen to have the best offense in the league and would have been the top seed were it not for injuries. So there's no shame in losing that game. I don't see the Stealth losing in Calgary this weekend either.

As for the Bandits vs. Rock matchup, well let's just say that it will be intense: