Early Bengals Thoughts

BuffOrange

I think more-so than your typical game, it is CRUCIAL that we get off to a fast start next week. Two reasons for this:

#1 - The Bengals playoff chances are finished, so a good 1st Qtr could demoralize them in addition to taking the crowd out of the come.

#2 - We've basically been playing with a "nothing to lose" attitude since the last Jet game. Sure we were mathimatically alive for the playoffs at 2-5, but up until now it has always looked like a longshot. Now the players (like the fans) realize the chances are realistic. If we go into halftime tied or behind on the road, the pressure REALLY starts to mount. That will be the ultimate test of how far this team has really come in the "clutch" department. Personally, I'd rather not find out and just have a lead at halftime.

I think we match up well with this team in terms of X's and O's but the above #2 worries me a lot. Got to find a way to get it done, because I honestly believe we can and will beat Pittsburgh if all the chips are on the table.