Great Fan Memorial thread

BMWR100RT

I just lost my Mom after along illnes and my frustration over the Bills is higher than ever. We always talked about the day we'd see them win a Superbowl together and she will never realize it. I'm 49 and I'm beginning to think I'll never see success again. It's particularily heavy because of Mom.

She was a great fan. She took me to games at the Rockpile when I was a kid, and the first game at Rich. She was with me through a lot of Bills wins and losses. We suffered through the mid eightie and she would always support the team. Even one year when I scraped a Bills bumper sticker off my car in the middle of the winter because I was so mad, she laughed and continued to wear her Bills gear. These days, this team embarasses me and I feel foolish supporting them, but my Mom was always royal. Back before the wife and kids, I had a super bowl party. She witnessed "Wide right" with me and a bunch of my friends. I saw tears on her cheeks, but she was sure we'd get one next year. She remained loyal. Every sunday after the game we'd compare notes. She died the day after the Miami game. How sad.

She loved her Bills. It would be disrespectful to her memory to give up now, even though I am frustrated at the Bills ineptitude and I will never forgive Ralph for letting a great fan like my mother go to her grave not knowing where the Bills will be in the future. It bothered he a lot and he owed her that. My kids may pick other teams and I won't blame them, but I'll always be there on sunday.

Mom....I'll always love you, and I'm not quitting. I'm not buying tickets or gear, because you didn't raise a fool, but I'm not quitting.

Steve

PS....I'm sure there are great fans who are at the eternal tailgate right now. Tell us about them.

Edited by BMWR100RT

first off....god bless your mom and family!

I share the same passion about the Bills as you do! For me in life, it's God, family, the bills..I was raised to be a bills fan, I don't know anything else. I have 3 kids, 2 sons and a daughter....my 7 year old last night asked me " daddy why do the Bills always hurt my heart". I was speechless, why...cause he has never asked me a Bills question in his life, I wasn't cerain he even liked football. But the question is am I doin the right thing raising them to be Bills fans? That's the question!

the first time I ever swore in front of my father was during the comeback game....i dropped the f bomb...he just looked at me and says go to your room. Needless to say an hour later he's yellin for me to come out and see what's happening....

in the end....this franchise won't change until ownership does.

I just lost my Mom after along illnes and my frustration over the Bills is higher than ever. We always talked about the day we'd see them win a Superbowl together and she will never realize it. I'm 49 and I'm beginning to think I'll never see success again. It's particularily heavy because of Mom.

She was a great fan. She took me to games at the Rockpile when I was a kid, and the first game at Rich. She was with me through a lot of Bills wins and losses. We suffered through the mid eightie and she would always support the team. Even one year when I scraped a Bills bumper sticker off my car in the middle of the winter because I was so mad, she laughed and continued to wear her Bills gear. These days, this team embarasses me and I feel foolish supporting them, but my Mom was always royal. Back before the wife and kids, I had a super bowl party. She witnessed "Wide right" with me and a bunch of my friends. I saw tears on her cheeks, but she was sure we'd get one next year. She remained loyal. Every sunday after the game we'd compare notes. She died the day after the Miami game. How sad.

She loved her Bills. It would be disrespectful to her memory to give up now, even though I am frustrated at the Bills ineptitude and I will never forgive Ralph for letting a great fan like my mother go to her grave not knowing where the Bills will be in the future. It bothered he a lot and he owed her that. My kids may pick other teams and I won't blame them, but I'll always be there on sunday.

Mom....I'll always love you, and I'm not quitting. I'm not buying tickets or gear, because you didn't raise a fool, but I'm not quitting.

Steve

PS....I'm sure there are great fans who are at the eternal tailgate right now. Tell us about them.

May your mom RIP. On the plus side, she now knows the exact date when the Bills finally win it all. :)

You should send this to the FO, and to Gailey.