Directv 30 min On Demand replay

VA Bills Fan

Sorry - probably could have added a comment vs. a new topic but oh well.. Here are my takeaways, and overall I'm a bit more optimistic.

1. It seems the play calling didn't offer as many chances to throw downfield as I first thought. IMO he missed 3-4 opp's to throw downfield rather than the 10-11 it seemed like while watching on Sunday. I feel like blaming TE a little less, and the OL and Chan a bit more. He threw it down there more than I remember. Once was great on 2nd and 20 in the 2nd I think but Andy held. His interview today on BB.COM makes more sense now when he was asked about throwing down field more.

2. Cornell Green not only got beat a lot, but was JUMPY!! Had a huge offsides in the 4th, and got away with 2 more that I noticed.

3. The 1st play from scrimmage was well put together - TE had a horrible pass to Fred on a great play call. And in the 1st Q Spiller looked great on a couple carries. Why did we stop that? On the draw play where he got tackled right away, I'm wondering if he was ready or if there was a play call mishap.

4. Our run D seems to give up minimum 4 yards per play. Why didn't Miami run more?

5. Did we have any run plays that weren't out of a shotgun? I don't remember more than 2.

6. I hate Chan's fake pitch play/counter -- they showed that every pre season game and Miami shut it down.

7. Fosano's almost TD against Poz was embarrassing. He put a little juke move on him and that was it. Poz played great but tight end's over the middle will kill us this year unless we change something.

8. Maybin celebrated on a couple routine plays again but got swallowed up by their OL. Once he broke through that I saw but nothing happened.

9. Lynch arguably had the best run of the day but I think all 3 would have on that play. I wish he could get more traditional carries. He should be our 1st and 2nd down back IMO.

10. I still got nervous watching the ending and was on the edge of my seat -- like it was going to be different?

With all of this - I think we're going to bounce back with a much better offensive effort. Like last year vs. the Saints, we'll be in it until the end.

Edited by VA Bills Fan