If we played New England at home...

seq004

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont let facts get in your way.

2001 AFC Championship game was played in Heinz Field.

Patriots 24

Steelers 17

147317[/snapback]

Will the Bills be releasing Bledsoe and he be joining the Pats to win in Pgh again, the Steelers be WITHOUT both Staley and Bettis, and the ST's be the ones scoring most of the points for the Pats? Brady hasn't proven he can win a playoff game on the road, and judging by their performance on Halloween, I wouldn't put money on him doing it this year either.

Oh and put Manning on the Pats and Brady on the Colts, and Manning has 2 SB rings and Brady has none. Brady was lucky enough to land with the best set of coaches, defense, and ST's in the NFL while Manning hasn't had crap for a defense, even WHEN he was making no more than Brady.

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

Will the Bills be releasing Bledsoe and he be joining the Pats to win in Pgh again, the Steelers be WITHOUT both Staley and Bettis, and the ST's be the ones scoring most of the points for the Pats?  Brady hasn't proven he can win a playoff game on the road, and judging by their performance on Halloween, I wouldn't put money on him doing it this year either.

Oh and put Manning on the Pats and Brady on the Colts, and Manning has 2 SB rings and Brady has none.  Brady was lucky enough to land with the best set of coaches, defense, and ST's in the NFL while Manning hasn't had crap for a defense, even WHEN he was making no more than Brady.

147365[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

bitchslap!!

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

bitchslap!!

147401[/snapback]

The Super Bowl games were not played in Gillette Stadium so therefore they were road games.

And Manning ISNT with the Pats, His contract would force us to cut half our defense

so he WOULDNT win any rings.

Rings;

Brady 2

Manning ZERO

THERES your bitchslap.

Tell your boy Helmet about the record, he is the one who brought it up. 

One loss for the Pats to the Jets in Jersey and one loss by Pitt and the playoffs still go through Heinze Field.  Don't count your chickens yet, you might get bit in the ass.

147338[/snapback]

I am not taking the Jets lightly, but that is the only tough game left on the Patriot's schedule...the rest should be wins for New England

Steelers have to beat the Jaguars and the Bills which I think gives the Steelers the tougher schedule...

And I would like to see New England play at home during the playoffs...not only should that be for their home fans, but in some small part would make up for the Red Sox not winning the Series in Boston... :w00t:

I am not taking the Jets lightly, but that is the only tough game left on the Patriot's schedule...the rest should be wins for New England

Steelers have to beat the Jaguars and the Bills which I think gives the Steelers the tougher schedule...

And I would like to see New England play at home during the playoffs...not only should that be for their home fans, but in some small part would make up for the Red Sox not winning the Series in Boston... :w00t:

147423[/snapback]

I think if Burress was in the lineup Pitt would have no problem with Jax, but it should be a decent game. I do see Pitt winning a close one though.

Against Buff is a whole other story. Last game of the year and there may be a whole crapload of scenarios leading into that game. If Pitt has homefield locked up we should win. If Pitt needs a win for homefield it will be one of the most entertaining games of the year I think, with Mularkey trying to take his old boss out of the homefield running. Could get ugly.

The Super Bowl games were not played in Gillette Stadium so therefore they were road games.

And Manning ISNT with the Pats, His contract would force us to cut half our defense

Rings;

Brady 2

Manning ZERO

THERES your bitchslap.

147411[/snapback]

Keep bringing up the past!!!

Here's the past

Bradshaw - 4 SB rings

Aikman - 3 SB rings

Brady -2

There's YOUR bitchslap!!!

Call me in when Marcia has 5!!!

Brady will be making next year what Manning made in 2001-2003. We'll see how many players the Pats have to cut on defense.

Oh and how did that best set of coaches, defenses and STs do in 2000 under Drew Bledsoe?    5-11.

147414[/snapback]

Your defense was sh-- that year. That's why Belichick and Pioli added 6 new starters in 2001. And your offense was garbage as well for reasons BEYOND Bledsoe, which is why the Pats added 6 new starters there as well in 2001. And your ST's got a LOT better when they added Larry Izzo. Any more questions?

I know you and your ilk like to fantasize that Brady is the reason the Patriots have won their SB's, but most people know the truth. It's called 2002, the year Brady led the NFL in TD's and the Pats scored more points than in 2001 or 2003, and missed the playoffs. Care to take a guess why? Oh yeah and the Pgh game in 2001. Who was the winning QB that day? Amazing what some players can do.

I feel like I should say something in this thread, just not sure where to start.

Rayzer!!!  How you been, man?  Is my man Helmet setting you straight?  ;)

147548[/snapback]

Holy Schnikees!!!! Where the hell have you been??? I have been a part timer myself since the year started, but I haven't seen you around in ages.

Helmet is still confused a little, but no big deal. ;)

Holy Schnikees!!!!  Where the hell have you been???  I have been a part timer myself since the year started, but I haven't seen you around in ages. 

Helmet is still confused a little, but no big deal.   ;)

147554[/snapback]

Things are doing here. There was a little matter of a suspension, followed by me moving. I'm back... for now. ;)

I need to bring up some business, however. There's the little matter of a lot of TBDers owing the Jimmy Fund a lot of money for losing some bets to ol' Foxboro Mike. I know AKC has to open the checkbook deep (among others), and I believe you and I had some wagers regarding team records (BUF, NE), Pats/Bills season series, Brady/Bledsoe, Dillon vs. Henry/McGahee, etc. I can dig them out at work, but if you know, I'd appreciate a check sent to The Jimmy Fund for whatever amount you're comfortable with.

You can send it in the name of Drew Bledsoe, just to spite me. ;)

Things are doing here.  There was a little matter of a suspension, followed by me moving.  I'm back... for now.  ;)

I need to bring up some business, however.  There's the little matter of a lot of TBDers owing the Jimmy Fund a lot of money for losing some bets to ol' Foxboro Mike.  I know AKC has to open the checkbook deep (among others), and I believe you and I had some wagers regarding team records (BUF, NE), Pats/Bills season series, Brady/Bledsoe, Dillon vs. Henry/McGahee, etc.  I can dig them out at work, but if you know, I'd appreciate a check sent to The Jimmy Fund for whatever amount you're comfortable with.

You can send it in the name of Drew Bledsoe, just to spite me.  ;)

147568[/snapback]

I remember the Dillon/McGahee one, and we still have some games left my friend. Lets wait til the end of the year to butt heads.

Oh yeah, Dillon has started 10 out of 11, Willis has only started 7 out of 11. ;)

Although, he ain't too bad behind a mediocore line you must admit.

Keep bringing up the past!!!

Here's the past

Bradshaw - 4 SB rings

Aikman - 3 SB rings

Brady -2

There's YOUR bitchslap!!!

Call me in when Marcia has 5!!!

147454[/snapback]

What do Bradshaw and Aikman have to do with anything? Did they play for the Bills?

Why would that be a bitchslap to me? Especially since Aikman has two of his 3 rings at YOUR expense

Regarding the original question...

I think there are a lot of very valid reasons as to why the Patriots are 11-1 and the Bills are 6-5.

Ya know I really don't like this TT guy very often, but the man is only stating facts. As Bills fans we bash Marino for having the records but never even sniffing the SB since 84. I love Drew and I hope he keeps playing this way for a long, long time. But there is a reason the pats won a SB in 2001, they had a QB who could run the game the way their coaches drew it up. Tom Brady probably is not as talented as Manning, but he manages the game better than any QB in the league today. Those two rings weren't handed to him. You can't just place any old QB who could get "lucky enough" to play for the Pats in the same situation and expect similar results. IF this was the case, Drew Bledsoe would be playing in NE still and he would have TWO SuperBowl rings (one of his own).

I know it sucks to give them any credit, but the Pats are playing like the best team in the NFL right now and they have the best leader. Peyton Manning and his Powerball signing bonus would not allow the Pats to have the players they need to support Brady. Let Peyton win something other than a TD record....

Ya know I really don't like this TT guy very often, but the man is only stating facts. As Bills fans we bash Marino for having the records but never even sniffing the SB since 84. I love Drew and I hope he keeps playing this way for a long, long time. But there is a reason the pats won a SB in 2001, they had a QB who could run the game the way their coaches drew it up. Tom Brady probably is not as talented as Manning, but he manages the game better than any QB in the league today. Those two rings weren't handed to him. You can't just place any old QB who could get "lucky enough" to play for the Pats in the same situation and expect similar results. IF this was the case, Drew Bledsoe would be playing in NE still and he would have TWO SuperBowl rings (one of his own).

I know it sucks to give them any credit, but the Pats are playing like the best team in the NFL right now and they have the best leader. Peyton Manning and his Powerball signing bonus would not allow the Pats to have the players they need to support Brady. Let Peyton win something other than a TD record....

The key word above is "team." Great defense, great ST's, great coaching, great offensive system. Brady wouldn't have sniffed the SB, much less won 2 of them and 2 MVP's, without the other parts.