losing Brown a blessing in disguise

First of all, I feel terrible for Travis Brown the person, a good guy whose NFL aspirations may now be over for good.

But speaking as a bottom-line Bills fan, let's face it - he is not a capable NFL backup QB. We knew this by the end of last year and were only kidding ourselves thinking that he was going to be a good QB right after Volek and Thtewart gave us the cold shoulder.

Now TD can go out and get a REAL backup QB. At this moment Chris Redman is our best option, but fear not - many more QB's will be available in the next 2 weeks.

As for the salary cap space to afford this backup QB, we have $1 million now and can easily add up to a couple more if we cut various dead wood like Prioleau and Gildon.

Peace.

The concern i have is can we even afford to let DB play a down in the one remaining pre-season game, while we have no viable backup that knows our system? This team cannot afford a DB torn figer nail.

First of all, I feel terrible for Travis Brown the person, a good guy whose NFL aspirations may now be over for good.

But speaking as a bottom-line Bills fan, let's face it - he is not a capable NFL backup QB. We knew this by the end of last year and were only kidding ourselves thinking that he was going to be a good QB right after Volek and Thtewart gave us the cold shoulder.

Now TD can go out and get a REAL backup QB. At this moment Chris Redman is our best option, but fear not - many more QB's will be available in the next 2 weeks.

As for the salary cap space to afford this backup QB, we have $1 million now and can easily add up to a couple more if we cut various dead wood like Prioleau and Gildon.

Peace.

10711[/snapback]

Completely agree. Brown was fodder, no matter what the press was saying. If he's our starter, the season was done. Will be interesting to see who we aquire to back up DB.

TD must be calling everyone today.