RESPECTABLE

im4bflo

We need to get TOUGH, we need to play smart, but KICK some butt doing it!

We're not known as the Badasses we were. I still remember that cover of Sports Illistrated...

you remember?... our D ripping the head off of that Raider QB, it was a thing of beauty! lol

How about the one with BRUCE on the cover... you know the one... you know those years.

Who has been that bad on the team since? Nobody's crackin' heads to make the cover anymore.

If we're not going to the playoffs, lets at least have some dignity, and demand RESPECT through

TOUGHNESS, not dirty, cleaner is meaner! RESPECT!!!

I can hear Pantera playing WALK as I write this! LOL!

I've asked myself why I watch football anymore, when things like the Jason Peters situation occurs, in light of the players focus on money, and free agency, and I believe what draws me still to taking such an interest in the Bills and football as to write my opinion here and to follow the offseason, is that when you look at the teams and the players today, they're all so very similar in measurables, and even when a team like the Redskins try to buy victory with superstar, one would think superior rosters - because of the better players - they fall short without a specific ingredient or two. I'd say those ingredients are playing as a team, and heart. These guys are so close I think the ones who want it more, and the ones who play together, can rise above the challenge of the sixteen week schedule and the playoffs... part of being a Bills fan is being an underdog - and yes, I'm sick of seeing our guys fall short; at the least, if they aren't going to win, make the other guys dread coming to play.

I know, the Jets are becoming one of my least favorite teams, as far as rivalries go, because they are so tough. And Rex Ryan brought that with his beliefs. His mentality that they are going to go out there and be tougher, without exception, is what makes that team - and previously the Ravens - what it is. Those guys can't come off the field without having given it their all in the attempt to knock the other teams head off, or they'll be facing Rex, and he isn't going to accept excuses. No excuses.

Money doesn't equate there. It doesn't matter if these guys are making rockstar money, they're football players and they've got a job to do. It's very 1970's ish. I'd like very much to see that kind of discipline and meanness here again, too.

I've asked myself why I watch football anymore, when things like the Jason Peters situation occurs, in light of the players focus on money, and free agency, and I believe what draws me still to taking such an interest in the Bills and football as to write my opinion here and to follow the offseason, is that when you look at the teams and the players today, they're all so very similar in measurables, and even when a team like the Redskins try to buy victory with superstar, one would think superior rosters - because of the better players - they fall short without a specific ingredient or two. I'd say those ingredients are playing as a team, and heart. These guys are so close I think the ones who want it more, and the ones who play together, can rise above the challenge of the sixteen week schedule and the playoffs... part of being a Bills fan is being an underdog - and yes, I'm sick of seeing our guys fall short; at the least, if they aren't going to win, make the other guys dread coming to play.

I know, the Jets are becoming one of my least favorite teams, as far as rivalries go, because they are so tough. And Rex Ryan brought that with his beliefs. His mentality that they are going to go out there and be tougher, without exception, is what makes that team - and previously the Ravens - what it is. Those guys can't come off the field without having given it their all in the attempt to knock the other teams head off, or they'll be facing Rex, and he isn't going to accept excuses. No excuses.

Money doesn't equate there. It doesn't matter if these guys are making rockstar money, they're football players and they've got a job to do. It's very 1970's ish. I'd like very much to see that kind of discipline and meanness here again, too.

Great reply, I agree!

Word Sliib, we need to be the team nobody wants to play. Teams coached by Bill Cowher and Joe Gibbs are a combined 150-2 when entering the fourth quarter of a game with more than 100 rushing yards and the lead. Interestingly, they were 150-0 before they both lost.

I honestly hope that happens. Make opponents not want to play at the Ralph again. I really believe Chan wants that too and think he knows what he wants our defense to look like. And, even though they havent played a down yet, I do like our defensive draft class this year alot thus far.

I honestly hope that happens. Make opponents not want to play at the Ralph again. I really believe Chan wants that too and think he knows what he wants our defense to look like. And, even though they havent played a down yet, I do like our defensive draft class this year alot thus far.

We need to be tough and nasty on both sides of the football....not just D.