A Denver Broncos fan view of Tebow

First off, I didn't want him. And I view him as a third-round selection. I think he'd make a good utility player but that's not what the Broncos took him for.

Right now, he's not ready. His numbers look great in college and he's a first class person, but he's not ready to start.

The Broncos out maneuvered the Bills to get Tebow in the first round and I don't think it's a good move. But it's what I've asked for. I want my team to take the QBs and RBs first while they try to rebuild, rather than waste time with DBs and kickers. Last year we got the RB. This year we got the QB. He's our guy and I'll support him, but I'd rather have had a Colt McCoy.

Tebow's numbers helped him. He's such a big kid at 240 lbs, it's no wonder why NFL teams are going to jump at him. That whole thing about a bad release gets thrown out the window when a guy is 240 lbs.

Is it me or could the Broncos have just taken him earlier in the first round, not kept trading down, and actually come away better off? I wasn't following it too closely, but it seemed like they gave up a lot to trade up and take him.

Is it me or could the Broncos have just taken him earlier in the first round, not kept trading down, and actually come away better off? I wasn't following it too closely, but it seemed like they gave up a lot to trade up and take him.

I was thinking the same thing . . . has anyone broken this down??? . . . I'm too lazy

I was thinking the same thing . . . has anyone broken this down??? . . . I'm too lazy

I looked over it real quick and it seems like they picked up a third, but lost a fourth for their trouble. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like a lot of risk with not a lot of reward if they were so convinced Tebow was the guy they wanted.

I looked over it real quick and it seems like they picked up a third, but lost a fourth for their trouble. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like a lot of risk with not a lot of reward if they were so convinced Tebow was the guy they wanted.

So, OK a third for a fourth . . . shows that you can improve your positions IF you really work the draft

So, OK a third for a fourth . . . shows that you can improve your positions IF you really work the draft

Right, but at the same time you're risking not getting the guy that you're supposedly targeting. Kudos to them for getting their guy and still coming out ahead, but seems like they could have done so with less risk of not getting Tebow. I think what happened is they were going to come away big winners and then at the last minute they had to scramble and give away a lot of their accumulated picks because Buffalo or someone else was making a move to get Tebow. Luckily for them they had accumulated enough extra picks to play big spender and get the deal done.

Right, but at the same time you're risking not getting the guy that you're supposedly targeting. Kudos to them for getting their guy and still coming out ahead, but seems like they could have done so with less risk of not getting Tebow. I think what happened is they were going to come away big winners and then at the last minute they had to scramble and give away a lot of their accumulated picks because Buffalo or someone else was making a move to get Tebow. Luckily for them they had accumulated enough extra picks to play big spender and get the deal done.

I think you summed this up well.

It seems really risky to me to do what they did. I think they almost tried to outsmart themselves and maybe that's what Buffalo did too. I think it's better to take the guy you really want and don't worry about what people will say. Teams didn't want to reach for Tebow so they played this litlle game for him.

Buffalo could have had Tebow at #9 but they wanted the running back too. There's other QBs available and there are some real quality guys at the QB position.

BAL made out - DEN handed them their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

First off, I didn't want him. And I view him as a third-round selection. I think he'd make a good utility player but that's not what the Broncos took him for.

Right now, he's not ready. His numbers look great in college and he's a first class person, but he's not ready to start.

The Broncos out maneuvered the Bills to get Tebow in the first round and I don't think it's a good move. But it's what I've asked for. I want my team to take the QBs and RBs first while they try to rebuild, rather than waste time with DBs and kickers. Last year we got the RB. This year we got the QB. He's our guy and I'll support him, but I'd rather have had a Colt McCoy.

Tebow's numbers helped him. He's such a big kid at 240 lbs, it's no wonder why NFL teams are going to jump at him. That whole thing about a bad release gets thrown out the window when a guy is 240 lbs.

If you didnt watch any workouts since, his release is near perfect now. Will it hold up in a game situation? Maybe not. But he has improved it and it will get even better.

PS I think its being overl looked that the Broncos/Bills were trying to trade in front of the Cards. They would have picked Tebow maybe...

[/b]

If you didnt watch any workouts since, his release is near perfect now. Will it hold up in a game situation? Maybe not. But he has improved it and it will get even better.

PS I think its being overl looked that the Broncos/Bills were trying to trade in front of the Cards. They would have picked Tebow maybe...

I think the Cards might have taken him too. Tebow, with his questionable arm, is better off in the thin air of Denver. Plus he gets to go to San Diego and Oakland once each per year.

If he's in Buffalo, I think the wind knocks the ball down too much.