Propaganda V. 2010

You know what's funny? Everytime I get on this board, or NFL.com, or ESPN.com or any other NFL talk website/message board that discusses "rumors" or "trade talks" or "Big free-agent aquisition", it just makes me wonder what is going on in the evil, shallow mind this year of one, Russ Brandon. The evil genious, marketing "guru" of the Buffalo Bills.

Last year, the "big move" was Terrell Owens. The guy who was allegedly supposed to be the guy to get us over, into the playoffs. While all the experts claimed that Buffalo still lacked a quarterback to throw the ball to T.O. and an offensive line to protect the quarterback we didn't have, we didn't want to hear any of that. Owens was here, tickets and merchandise were being sold, and this move got Brandon off the hot seat for another season. Owens even sold the idea to us fans and the community that he "wanted" to be here, while the experts, including the always dispised (on this board, anyways) Chris Mortensen stated that nobody else wanted T.O. and the proof was that he had signed with the Buffalo Bills, a small-market, cold weather, floundering franchise where Owens would be the "big-fish" in a rediculously small pond.

And again, we didn't want to listen to any of that either. We were the Buffalo Bills, a proud franchise who has a great winning tradition. The reality of it is, we do not have a winning tradition. Are there any more loyal fans than we are? Maybe not, maybe so, but we are extremely loyal to our team. A winning team? Um, with exception of the years 1988-1993, sprinkled in with the years of 1996 and 1998/1999, that's essentially 9 years out of 50 years this team has actually been formitable. Yeah, you may be saying to yourself: "Hey boso! We went to four consecutive Superbowls!, thats something nobody has ever done before!" Yeah, that...that is a feat, to us maybe...But to any other fan of any other team, we're the team that went four times and dropped the ball four years in a row. We don't have a thing to show for any of that. That's the reality.

Now any time we hear trade rumors, whether it'd be McNabb or the newest one, Mike Vick, we all like to act like we're a little smarter, little wiser than years past. "We don't want that dog-killing, pot-smoking ex-con in our city and on our "proud" team!" REALLY? If Brandon brought in Vick today, how many of you wouldn't go renew/sign up for season-tickets? The truth is is that all it takes is one big move to bait you, put you in the seats, buy the # 7 jerseys, and all is forgiven with Mike Vick. He'd be this years guy to "get us over", and you'll feed Russ Brandon's wallet for one more year of bologna! Whether you believe this or not, I have not bought a ticket to a game since 2004. I'm not claiming to be any wiser than any of you. In fact, look at my screen name. I bought into it just like all of you, but they've got ZERO of my money in 6 years and they'll continue to get zero of my money until they do this thing the right way. Either develop a rookie QB, or see what Edwards or Brohm have, or what-have-you. If Vick signs tomorrow, will I be excited, absolutely not...absouletly not. The guy does not have the tools anymore, and he's basically, barely a "gimmick" quarterback anymore.

The next one is, "Well, we're better off that the Oakland Raiders are, they're a mess!" REALLY?, are the Raiders not one QB away from competeing in that division? Raiders have a pretty good offensive line, don't they? They've built that up pretty good over the years. Did they miss on Jamarcus Russell? Perhaps. Recievers are pretty good, Heyward-Bey doesn't exactly look like a bust, does he? "Oh, well Tom Cable is a tool! He assaults his own assistants!"...So? Don't you kinda wish someone would've re-arranged Jauron's hideous-looking face over the last three years? I want that kind of aggression, hell, I NEED that kind of aggression.

So, to sum it up, I'm just kinda waiting for the Bills to make that "big-splash" and get Vick, because I do think they will, and read all of this "I don't want any part of this guy" talk then, because something tells me I won't see, nor hear any of it if it does happen. And if it does, my money will not be donated to the "6-10/7-9 Foundation" once again, sorry Russ, I need more propaganda than Vick to buy, even a nose-bleeder in Orchard Park in 2010....