Summary of FA Signings

Astrobot

I think these three affect us the most:

1) Delhomme to CLE

2) Kennedy to MIN

3) KC Signs Thomas Jones to KC - RBF priority from 4 to 9

Cleveland's signing of Delhomme, Watson, and Fujita could signal that CLE is not going for QB until next year and Clausen falls to us. It also signals that Eric Berry is a more likely CLE pick than a week ago, and the signing of Fujita ILB means that it's less likely that they take McClain with their first pick. Result? Clausen and/or McClain fall to the Bills.

Kennedy going to MIN means that their #62 pick might now be negotiable (that's where we had MIN taking Brian Price; I still think they will target Jermaine Gresham TE in the first round.

KC won't be drafting Spiller in the first round with the signing of Thomas Jones, so I think Spiller is also there where we pick. I don't think an OT in RD2 would be good value for KC or the Bills, so KC may likely take their LT in RD1 (Okung/Campbell) and spoil our party there.

Other Signings/Trades and Their Possible Implications:

CLE now likely they pass on Hernandez in RD2 (Hernandez may now fall to NE*)

IND signs Adam Terry - Needs reshuffled now that OT is deprioritized; will now likely take DE in RD1--Griffen or Wootton

BUF signs Joe Klopfenstien - TE priority from 5 to 6; now likely no TE in RD5 (Moeaki, Pitta, Peek, Dickerson)

NYJ signs FS Brodney Pool - FS priority from 2 to 3; Earl Thomas FS more and more looks like he'll end up in New Orleans

PIT signs Ryan Clark - FS priority from 3 to 4; same result --Thomas to New Orleans

PHI signs Marlin Jackson - FS priority from 1 to 3; same result --Thomas to New Orleans

CIN signs Roy Williams (the safety); same result --Thomas to New Orleans

CIN signs Antonio Bryant - WR priority from 2 to 4; CIN won't go with McCluster in RD2, may like to deal this pick

BAL signs Derrick Mason - WR priority from 6 to 9; they have such few picks they need DE in RD1--Odrick?

MIN signs Benny Sapp - CB priority from 2 to 3; likely to go offense and take OG Iupati but could go Griffen or Thomas

ATL and DET swap 5th round picks/ATL gets DET 6th Rounder - Chris Houston trade: ATL gets CB in RD6 (Ross,Wall) - DET takes DT early (Suh RD1), then RB (Best, Hardesty RD2), OG (Jerry/Asamoah/Johnson RD3), OT (Fox RD4), SS(Chancellor RD5)

HOU signs OT Wade Smith: May drop a OT to us in RD3 but unlikely

Signings unlikely affecting the Bills:

ARI signs OG Rex Hadnot

TEN signs CB Rod Hood

IND signs OG Andy Alleman

Astro

1) Delhomme to CLE

2) Kennedy to MIN

Cleveland's signing of Delhomme, Watson, and Fujita could signal that CLE is not going for QB until next year and Clausen falls to us. It also signals that Eric Berry is a more likely CLE pick than a week ago, and the signing of Fujita ILB means that it's less likely that they take McClain with their first pick. Result? Clausen and/or McClain fall to the Bills.

Kennedy going to MIN means that their #62 pick might now be negotiable (that's where we had MIN taking Brian Price; I still think they will target Jermaine Gresham TE in the first round.

KC won't be drafting Spiller in the first round with the signing of Thomas Jones, so I think Spiller is also there where we pick. I don't think an OT in RD2 would be good value for KC or the Bills, so KC may likely take their LT in RD1 (Okung/Campbell) and spoil our party there.

IND signs Adam Terry - Needs reshuffled now that OT is deprioritized; will now likely take DE in RD1--Griffen or Wootton

BUF signs Joe Klopfenstien - TE priority from 5 to 6; now likely no TE in RD5 (Moeaki, Pitta, Peek, Dickerson)

NYJ signs FS Brodney Pool - FS priority from 2 to 3; Earl Thomas FS more and more looks like he'll end up in New Orleans

PIT signs Ryan Clark - FS priority from 3 to 4; same result --Thomas to New Orleans

PHI signs Marlin Jackson - FS priority from 1 to 3; same result --Thomas to New Orleans

CIN signs Antonio Bryant - WR priority from 2 to 4; CIN won't go with McCluster in RD2, may like to deal this pick

BAL signs Derrick Mason - WR priority from 6 to 9; they have such few picks they need DE in RD1--Odrick?

MIN signs Benny Sapp - CB priority from 2 to 3; likely to go offense and take OG Iupati but could go Griffen or Thomas

ATL and DET swap 5th round picks/ATL gets DET 6th Rounder - Chris Houston trade: ATL gets CB in RD6 (Ross,Wall) - DET takes DT early (Suh RD1), then RB (Best, Hardesty RD2), OG (Jerry/Asamoah/Johnson RD3), OT (Fox RD4), SS(Chancellor RD5)

ARI signs OG Rex Hadnot

TEN signs CB Rod Hood

Astro

When it comes to the draft information, I think you'd be one of TSW's better scouts.

1) Delhomme to CLE

2) Kennedy to MIN

ARI signs OG Rex Hadnot

TEN signs CB Rod Hood

Astro

another implication in the Cleveland signings is that valuable players CAN be brought into struggling clubs in unglamorous towns. Fujita, of course, comes from the sb winner and goes to a perennial loser for, in his words, "the bottom line". This dispels the myth that the Bills can't sign valuable FA's due to their record and location.