OT Computer help

Mediaman

I need some help with my Aunt's pc. It seems that MSN is the default search engine, and when I type in Yahoo, it goes back to MSN's home page. How can I stop this? I check the internet properties, but didn't see anything that applies to this problem.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

I need some help with my Aunt's pc.  It seems that MSN is the default search engine, and when I type in Yahoo, it goes back to MSN's home page.  How can I stop this?  I check the internet properties, but didn't see anything that applies to this problem.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

133522[/snapback]

Beat it with a turkey leg

click on the tools bar, go to internet options click on it , You will open on General page.

Below will say home page, you can change which page to use for your home page.

iin Box. type in http://www.yahoo.com then go down to bottom on click OK and this should resolve problem.......

133525[/snapback]

Thanks that did it. I did not want to install any other browser as these folks are not pc savy and they need something that they are used to at work or can ask their neighbors for help when we are not around.

Thanks that did it.  I did not want to install any other browser as these folks are not pc savy and they need something that they are used to at work or can ask their neighbors for help when we are not around.

133566[/snapback]

Mozilla would work just like IE would, except it wouldn't be as insecure...

I installed Firefox on my wife's PC, hid the IE icon, and she doesn't know the difference.

CW