A plan in place

I don't remember who it was - but I think it was Billick, who in an interview recently, when discussing the potential to be the Bills next coach, mentioned how important it was to have a staff in place, or at least lined up, when going into an interview. Basically, the impression was that a candidate for an NFL head coaching position doesn't go into an interview without having guys lined up or in mind for all the various assistant jobs - unless they're so big named, like Shanahan or Cowher, that they don't need to plan that far ahead. That leads me to believe that Gailey has his staff lined up, and we should see them coming in quickly, or, that he was not "The Man" all along, and was only very recently brought into the field - maybe after a definitive "No" from Cowher, with the suggestion that they look into Chan. It did feel like the Bills were just waiting around for a response from Bill Cowher, and going through the motions with other candidates...

I don't remember who it was - but I think it was Billick, who in an interview recently, when discussing the potential to be the Bills next coach, mentioned how important it was to have a staff in place, or at least lined up, when going into an interview. Basically, the impression was that a candidate for an NFL head coaching position doesn't go into an interview without having guys lined up or in mind for all the various assistant jobs - unless they're so big named, like Shanahan or Cowher, that they don't need to plan that far ahead. That leads me to believe that Gailey has his staff lined up, and we should see them coming in quickly, or, that he was not "The Man" all along, and was only very recently brought into the field - maybe after a definitive "No" from Cowher, with the suggestion that they look into Chan. It did feel like the Bills were just waiting around for a response from Bill Cowher, and going through the motions with other candidates...

The Bills should have never mentioned at any time after they let Dick go, that they were going to go after big name coaches. They got everyones hopes up, only to let us down. I think Chan is a good coach and will have more success here than the previous 3 coaches ,but compared to the names that were thrown around he seems like a let down. Not fair to him or us. I think he does have a staff in mind and will put it together quickly. At least i hope so.