Carolina passed the ball 44 times (I think)

BeastMode54

Does he even play anymore. The more I see him play, the more I wish we had Orakpo. It is WAAAYY to early to give up on him, as he needs to grow into his frame. And I saw promise in the preseason games he played in, but I'd at least like to see SOMETHING

1) He was the one that hit Delhomme on the head and got the 15-yd roughing penalty late in the game (even though the refs called Johnson's number).

2) He also almost blocked a punt.

3) And I'm pretty sure I saw him line-up offsides twice (not called thankfully) and then run about 10 yards behind the QB.

Hey, you said you'd like to see "something." :thumbsup:

Maybin nearly had one sack, and he would have without question had a sack on another play but there was a penalty that caused the whistle to blow. He was completely unblocked and about to crush Delhomme running full speed from behind who wouldnt have saw him. You could see that Maybin was pissed the whistle blew as the Panthers missed an assignment and no one blocked him. He also made a decent tackle on a running play. Part of the reason he isnt seeing the field much is that Kelsay is having a pretty good season. Is this were last year's Kelsay, Maybin would be in for him more.

Maybin nearly had one sack, and he would have without question had a sack on another play but there was a penalty that caused the whistle to blow. He was completely unblocked and about to crush Delhomme running full speed from behind who wouldnt have saw him. You could see that Maybin was pissed the whistle blew as the Panthers missed an assignment and no one blocked him. He also made a decent tackle on a running play. Part of the reason he isnt seeing the field much is that Kelsay is having a pretty good season. Is this were last year's Kelsay, Maybin would be in for him more.

Thanks for the post. That's promising I guess

It's certainly good to see that Maybin could generate pressure on a quarterback when NOBODY's blocking him. (sarcasm off)

1) He was the one that hit Delhomme on the head and got the 15-yd roughing penalty late in the game (even though the refs called Johnson's number).

2) He also almost blocked a punt.

3) And I'm pretty sure I saw him line-up offsides twice (not called thankfully) and then run about 10 yards behind the QB.

Hey, you said you'd like to see "something." :thumbsup:

of all the players in the country ..he was chosen 11th...--not giving up on the guy--and I know it takes time--but its disturbing how little he has shown.

Does he even play anymore. The more I see him play, the more I wish we had Orakpo. It is WAAAYY to early to give up on him, as he needs to grow into his frame. And I saw promise in the preseason games he played in, but I'd at least like to see SOMETHING

IMO there is no reason to hope Maybin developes when a guy like Orakpo is ready to roll. Ill give you the fact that Maybins ceiling may be higher, and that in 5 years he may be better, but Ill take winning now thank you very much.

It's no secret. He isn't ready to play in the NFL yet. But at least he is gaining experience during this completely pointless season. Don't expect to see him become a game changer anytime soon. He is more like money in the bottom of the sock drawer, just forget we have him and maybe one day you be surprised when you find him.

I think it's time the NFL has a rookie wage scale like the NBA does. Draft picks have too much power in holding out. All it does is benefit them, and hurt the team. What other recourse does the team have? Although I still think he was a reach at 11 (as Bills usually do) - he would have been better if he at least attended camp.

of all the players in the country ..he was chosen 11th...--not giving up on the guy--and I know it takes time--but its disturbing how little he has shown.

i've seen him in on a few plays, and all he seems to do is that little dip, up-the field rush...most often it looks like he's just getting pushed outside of the play.

I personnally never liked the idea of a borderline 250lb DE. As a LB, similar to Terrel Suggs, I think would be a better fit....but 250lbs for a DE, playing against 310lb lineman is just waay too small. There are a few guys that can make it happen at that weight (Jason Taylor, John Braham), but I'm not so sure about Maybin.

It's no secret. He isn't ready to play in the NFL yet. But at least he is gaining experience during this completely pointless season. Don't expect to see him become a game changer anytime soon. He is more like money in the bottom of the sock drawer, just forget we have him and maybe one day you be surprised when you find him.

We didn't need a guy to come in and gain experience. We needed a guy to come in an immediate impact rushing the passer. This team needs every little bit of advantage it can get, and Maybin just getting experience doesn't help.