I would like folks opinion on how we fix LT and QB

If only it was as easy as writing down what we wanted:

I think that we should hire Cowher as the head coach with Mike Holmgren as the offensive coordinator, Mike Shanahan as the QB coach and Jon Gruden as the receivers coach. We could take Tony Dungy as the new defensive coordinator with Marty Shottenheimer as the linebackers coach. I think that they're all available.

Then we can trade for Peyton Manning...

Why would we need to trade? In this scenario i think we get the Manning brothers off of waivers. While we are at it Bring back HOUSE BALLARD. Now thats a tackle!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be worried about Bradford, would rather have Max Hall from BYU, or Tony Pike.

We need a tough cold weather QB for once. Plus they both seem more NFL ready.

brees had surgery on his throwing shoulder and the phins stayed away, lets not make the same mistake

I hope McNeil has such a stronge desire to play in Buffalo he refuses to sign with SD and takes a discount to play here.

there are some solid cheap options

Jermon Bushrod

Jared Gaither

Jeremy Trueblood

i dont want to draft a lt tho...there are alot of good teams without great lts

if bradford is there when we pick you take him if he isnt you take a dominant dt, preferably cody

My guess is that Bell was actually graded out very well by the coaches from yesterday's game. I re-watched every single offensive snap again on DVR, specifically focusing only on Bell. He made 3 mistakes. The rest of the snaps he seemed to be doing his job. Not perfect, but not too bad for his 6th NFL start.

Some are already running him out of town, but I say please watch and evaluate an entire game performance. He was far from the problem on the OL yesterday. Some who are infatuated with the interior may want to take a closer look there.

It depends on who's available. If Claussen is on the board when we pick rd 1 it seems like a no brainer. In the 2nd round in this scenario I'm looking at Corey Wootton the DE from Northwestern. Then if need be trading back up into the 2nd to grab Jason Fox the OT from miami. Or conversely go best DT available rd 1 whether its Suh,McCoy,or Cody. Rd 2 grabbing a guy like Fox once again,and then Rd 3 Max Hall QB BYU.

Biggest need is OLB

The FA LB class is deep potentially deep this year. You have guys like D'Meco Ryans'Karlos Dansby,Thomas Howard and Thomas Jones who could all potentially be FA's this year. So IMO it's not really something we need to worry about to much in the draft which is why I didnt really adress it in my scenario.

I think the Bills need to sign a QB who has a stronger arm.

Edwards can't make all the throws. I think Tyler Thigpen is the best choice of any QB in the NFL right now, but it's too late to trade for him. Maybe this offseason, trade with Miami.

If Jake Delhomme falls out of favor in Carolina, I'd give him a look. His repaired elbow seems to have given him some problems (he's lost some accuracy) but I still think he's got some milelage left and he's been to the Superbowl and several playoffs. His TD to Int ratio is pretty good over the length of his career and he loves the game and he'll play on any team in the NFL.

In the short term, Jeff George wouldn't be a bad option. Although he lacks some arm strength, Jeff Garcia would also be a good choice. He's a gamer. Andrew Walter could be had off the street and he's got great physical prowess to throw a ball. He's only started like 12-16 games and there's plenty of upside.

Barring all the above, I think it's time to look to the draft an keep an eye on the UFL, CFL etc.

Sign Noodlearm Pennington to a 2 year contract

Draft:

RD 1: OT Charles Brown, USC

RD 2: OT Ciron Black, LSU

RD 3: QB Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan

In this situation how do you plan on adressing our needs along the D line,and the LB corp?

The title of this thread is: I would like folks opinion on how we fix LT and QB

So this situation only addresses those positions

Unfortunately though we have about 4 equally pressing needs so my question to you personally was how would you adress them if we drafted 2 OT's and a QB with our first 3 picks?

Unfortunately though we have about 4 equally pressing needs so my question to you personally was how would you adress them if we drafted 2 OT's and a QB with our first 3 picks?

I agree we have many pressing needs.

But again I refer you back to the thread title: I would like folks opinion on how we fix LT and QB

Now I did go overboard with 2 OTs. But that would solve both the LT and RT problem

Do I think the Bills should go with that draft scenario? No, like you said this team has more problems than T and QB. I was just answering the question posed in the thread title

Cale,

Right now I am concerned about his natural strength and lack of agression.

I just dont see Bell attacking DEs and trying to finish them.....he is trying to "Wall off" too much" a lot of that has to do with the fact that he is more of an "athlete" then a "football player" at this point.

But the tools are there.

Yeah, John, thanks for articulating what I was trying to say. I think that LT position is not a finesse position. It's an attitude position. Right now the gym can fix his strength. I'm concerned that even coaching won't be able to fix his lack of "aggression." Which is why Peters was so great there. He was that way as a "tight end" ! Dumb as a box of rocks - but you weren't getting past him. Bell to me doesn't (perhaps "yet") have "it."

C

I would like to see the bills trade for Rogers to fill the DT void.....

I think that Rogers and Stroud next to each other would fix any interior running problems

I honestly think that our run defense problem is more a matter of lack of talent at LB and scheme. Stroud, Williams, Schobel, Kelsay are all strong against the run.

I wouldn't mind though going 3-4, so long as Williams and Stroud could play ends in such a scheme.

There's nothing wrong with Bell that a little more functional strength and a little better technique wouldn't cure- of course him getting either of those things with the Bills are a big if- I remember a couple years ago when I was happy because Duke Prestion put on about 20 pounds then I saw him and it was twenty pounds of fat- I would really like to see where our players come in weight/body fat wise and where they are 1,2,3, years out- strength, speed, endurance, lean body mass are all measurable and the strength conditioning staff should be held accountable.