Basically, the entire team sucks, but ...

I just watched the game on DVR after a wonderful fall weekend, and this guy puts both the "T" in turnstile and the "F" in false start. He played very, very poorly today. This isn't to excuse anyone else (ahem, Parrish), but he appeared to be the worst Bill today. There were so many terrible Browns players that I can't honestly he was the worst player overall.

Btw, that's probably the worst NFL game I've seen in my lifetime.

I'm shocked that a guy who started playing less than 5 years ago, got about 10% of the reps in camp, and has been injured on and off is struggling. There isn't a team in the NFL that would go into a season with the guy as a backup, much less a starter.

It's just maddening that these seemingly simple details to the rest of the football world continue to elude the "braintrust" at OBD. We could have set 3 OLine positions on this team for a decade when Oher fell to us at 11. A gift from the heavens,, much the same way the Oilers built their vaunted OLine back in the day. Instead we pick Mike Mamula.

You suck, Ralph. You totally suck.

I'm shocked that a guy who started playing less than 5 years ago, got about 10% of the reps in camp, and has been injured on and off is struggling. There isn't a team in the NFL that would go into a season with the guy as a backup, much less a starter.

It's just maddening that these seemingly simple details to the rest of the football world continue to elude the "braintrust" at OBD. We could have set 3 OLine positions on this team for a decade when Oher fell to us at 11. A gift from the heavens,, much the same way the Oilers built their vaunted OLine back in the day. Instead we pick Mike Mamula.

I obviously agree with every word you say.

What's even more maddening is watching Brandon Marshall contribute to Denver's 5-0 start. The same Marshall that threw a hissy fit over his contract that put the one that Peters' supposedly threw to shame.

Yet, the Denver brain-trust was able to handle it without trading away one of their most talented players. The Bills, not so good in the player-management arena.

Remember when Polian could go toe-to-toe with a player and his agent during a contract negotiation, but resolved each dispute without hurting the product on the field?

Yeah, those were the days, when NFL professionals actually worked in Ralph's front office.

The only thing done right this year was locking up Terrence McGee to a long deal

And the drafting of Wood. In the long run, I think Wood will be the cornerstone to this OL if they can find 4 other players like him.

Adams is terrible and thought of as a huge bust.

That's up for debate, but what isn't is Bell's play. He was awful against a bad team. He had a number of blown plays, but his "ole!" move on Edwards' perfect hard play-action fake early in the third killed a big play for the Bills. He was so badly beaten that Edwards had bail out of a good play and throw it away. It was the sort of play that if Bell holds his block for more than 3/10 of a second, Edwards has a chance at a 20 yard play that gets the Bills down to the Browns' 30.

That's up for debate, but what isn't is Bell's play. He was awful against a bad team. He had a number of blown plays, but his "ole!" move on Edwards' perfect hard play-action fake early in the third killed a big play for the Bills. He was so badly beaten that Edwards had bail out of a good play and throw it away. It was the sort of play that if Bell holds his block for more than 3/10 of a second, Edwards has a chance at a 20 yard play that gets the Bills down to the Browns' 30.

Bell was bad no doubt, but Bell basically shut down the same palyer when we played them. Again, Bell was horrible but I've seen a lot worse o line play and players still make plays (Packers, Steelers). We simply don't have teh guy to elevate the entire team and haven't since Flutie was benched.

Bell was bad no doubt, but Bell basically shut down the same palyer when we played them. Again, Bell was horrible but I've seen a lot worse o line play and players still make plays (Packers, Steelers). We simply don't have teh guy to elevate the entire team and haven't since Flutie was benched.

You mean Bruce Smith and Pat Williams, right?

Be fair to Mike; I think I saw him make a play once.

I was thinking more at the QB position but those guys won't hurt either.

The sad part is we should play football the way the Fins do where your QB is just along for the ride.

They'd have to dump the Tampa-2 and play an attacking defense to make that work, not that's it's working now.

They'd have to dump the Tampa-2 and play an attacking defense to make that work, not that's it's working now.

I don't know. It's hard to criticize a defense that is down 3 MLBs, 1 corner, both safetys that just limited a team to 3 points and 2 completions. Defense is at the end of the list of problems right now.

I don't know. It's hard to criticize a defense that is down 3 MLBs, 1 corner, both safetys that just limited a team to 3 points and 2 completions. Defense is at the end of the list of problems right now.

Of course they were playing against a high-school QB today.

Take a look at the last two weeks, where they were gashed on the ground for 400 yards. To have a game manager as a QB, the defense needs to stop the running game, get off the field on 3rd downs, and turn the ball over.

The Bills defense cannot do this for four quarters. They're built too small.