Cowher, Gruden, Dungy, Holgrem, Shanahan

LGB

If you are going to do something, give it your best shot. If the Bills fire DJ, Cowher, Gruden, Dungy, Holgrem and Shanahan seem to be the best replacements. But why would anyone of these proven football talents want to come to WNY and work for Russ Brandon? The only way this might happen is if RW handed them the keys to the kingdom and placed them in charge of all football operations.

But there is one problem with that. They would still have to work for RW and being GM and HC is different than only concentrating on HC. Cowher, Gruden and Dungy all have plush broadcasting jobs. Holgrem and Shanahan have been spending time with their families.

The other concern is: will RW step up to the plate after the Tom Donahoe experiment and pony up for proven GM talent?

The more likely scenario: the team goes up for auction and a new era begins – but quite possibly not in Orchard Park. The new owner would likely want a new taxpayer subsidized stadium and it could be hard, if not Impossible for economically depressed Buffalo – even if we give it our best shot.

I expect the next head coach to be another person with previous experience. Mike Sherman or Mike Nolan come to mind. They have been head coaches and both are doing a good job as a coordinator.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Dom Capers.

Ralph fires Jauron.

Ralph pays Jauron 3 million each year for the next 3 years to not be the Bills head coach.

Ralph hires one of these coaches for at least an additional 5 million a year.

Don't get your hopes up.

I think it's $3M for the next 2 years, but the point is still valid.

Dungy please

He fits the teams "system" the best right now. I really would love Gruden though.

You guys seem to forget that when Tony Dungy stepped down as HC of the Colts, he effectively retired from the NFL.

I just don't see him returning to the NFL considering what happened to his son a few years back, which is something that Dungy says could've been prevented had he not been putting in so many hours as an NFL HC.

My take on RW. (Warning! This is purely my gut feelings. No brain cells have been harmed while writing this post.)

Ralph does not care if the Bills win or lose. He just doesn't care. Although I believe he's enjoying the profits from the Bills, I don't think he owns the Bills for money reasons either. I believe he owns this team for bragging rights. It's his show piece, his expensive race horse, the toy only a few kids possess and he has one. He's hanging out with HIS rich buddies (more than likely not other owners) so he can flash his NFL owner card in their faces. (If there is such a thing) The winning or losing means nothing to him anymore. It's all about giving him self-importance in front of his piers. If he sold the team before he dies he no longer has that big stick he carries around.

Bottom line is this... Russ and DJ make him feel comfortable. They're quiet unassuming and they don't make Ralph work to own his team. Yeah he probably would like it if his race horse would win the Kentucky derby, but I think he is just as happy right now knowing he has a horse in the race.

My take on RW. (Warning! This is purely my gut feelings. No brain cells have been harmed while writing this post.)

Ralph does not care if the Bills win or lose. He just doesn't care. Although I believe he's enjoying the profits from the Bills, I don't think he owns the Bills for money reasons either. I believe he owns this team for bragging rights. It's his show piece, his expensive race horse, the toy only a few kids possess and he has one. He's hanging out with HIS rich buddies (more than likely not other owners) so he can flash his NFL owner card in their faces. (If there is such a thing) The winning or losing means nothing to him anymore. It's all about giving him self-importance in front of his piers. If he sold the team before he dies he no longer has that big stick he carries around.

Bottom line is this... Russ and DJ make him feel comfortable. They're quiet unassuming and they don't make Ralph work to own his team. Yeah he probably would like it if his race horse would win the Kentucky derby, but I think he is just as happy right now knowing he has a horse in the race.

I agree. It is about the money with him

OK usually I would say Ralph would go with a no name B-list coordinator BUT the fans are really starting to hate what Ralph is doing with this team (They had to bring in TO just to survive another DJ season). Going into next season there won't be another TO like free agency grab available for the Bills and the draft can't generate that much interest if DJ or a no-name is the head coach.

So in order to keep those season ticket renewals up Ralph might go after a guy like Gruden or Schotenheimer. Both guys have been proven to be able to resurrect franchises and are big names that would insure the fans remain interested in the team. Now I know Ralph doesn't want to spend big on a head coach but drastic times call for drastic measures and hiring a proven head coach could in the long run make him money.

Russ is business savvy and knows how to market his teams and next season (Lets say we go 6-10 this year) a coach with a ring like Gruden could be the way he markets it. Gruden might cost a lot (4-5 million) but he would be cheaper than a Cower or Holmgren (6-8 million a year) and the season ticket renewals he would provide would more than compensate for his cost.

So its a much better possibility now that Ralph hires a Grunden like coach than ever.

I agree. It is about the money with him

If it was about the money he wouldn't have a payroll that is consitantly in the middle of the pack. If it was about the money with Ralph he would have just moved the team to LA or Toronto or the countless other places he could have moved the team to. Ralph loves Buffalo and has consitantly passed up chances to move the team. Sure he makes some penny wise dollar stupid moves but to say the man doesn't care to see a winning product is just not true.

i cant disagree with any of this. sad but true.