WTH was Edwards doing SMILING after the game

JP had a rocket arm and the brain the size of a peanut.

Trent got high wonderlic scores but is afraid of his own shadow.

Dick is like a high school guidance counselor. He tells everyone to reach for the status quo.

I think you are on to something here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am concerned about his mind set which ties into his play......

I dont see winning QB's smile too much when they lose games. And maybe I am focusing on it too much but for a guy who to me should be dangerously close to losing his job after consecutive horrible performances he just seemed too "oh well" about it

To us it is just a game......to a pro player this is their livelyhood.....play well this year and TE probaby gets a big dollar contract extention

Totally agree with you. I hated seeing that and it really was the icing on the $hitcake the Bills just served today. It's not right that fans are pissed after a game and the players aren't. Do you recall Peyton Manning laughing after a loss? I know people say these things don't matter, that we should just judge what the players do during the game, but I think this is part and parcel of what's wrong. He just doesn't seem like he hates losing enough.

Maybe he is smiling because this spells the end for DJ.

Trent is SUPPOSED to be smart. He should therefore know when DJ goes, so does he. ANY GOOD Coach would bench Trent after the game he played today along with his past performances. I hope TO is going balistic in the locker room.

Guest three3

he was probably chuckling at the thought of bills fans who already bought tickets to rest of the season's games even though the team sucks

JP had a rocket arm and the brain the size of a peanut.

Trent got high wonderlic scores but is afraid of his own shadow.

Dick is like a high school guidance counselor. He tells everyone to reach for the status quo.

I think Dick is more like a staff accountant. Adds the numbers and reports them and has no impact on the business.

He's smiling because at the end of the day, it's a job. Granted he didn't/doesn't perform well, but just like the average Shmoe who's got a 9-5 gig, no matter how bad a day he has or how many times he was called to the bosses office, he's got a job, he's got a paycheck, he's got his health (which could be day-to-day) the way he gets sacked.... but he doesn't live and die with his daily work perfomance.

Perspective: How many of us have absolutely shatty days and go out after work have a couple sips, come home and forget about it? (Those who aren't in the business of saving lives, defending a post, providing safety or medical assistance for others need not reply). I would venture to say... most of us. Trent is probably doing the same thing. When this is all said and done, he's college educated (quite well I might add) if this NFL thing doesn't work out, he's got options... this isn't life and death to him... nor should it be.

All of us want the fire of Jim Kelly or the moxie of Flutie or the heart of Ferguson in our QB, but Trent just doesn't have that same make up. It's a business to a lot of these guys. The sooner we all (me included) grasp that, the better...

* Note: I don't need a flame job for this post, it's just my read on it... save yourself the keystrokes and the interweb the bandwidth with flaming.

I signed off on that girly-man fukker when I caught him fixing his hair on the sidelines :lol:

I've had it with these Cali QBs. Can we please get someone with some balls behind center? I never thought I'd see the day where I was wishing Kyle Orton was our QB.

Your right about the hair thing. I saw the same thing from that Barker kid after USC beat Ohio State. Helmet comes off and fix the hair. Edwards is a boy playing among men. He was a 3rd round pick and would make a top tier back-up. It is becoming evident his not a good starter.

Trent was catching up with fellow Stanford grad Camarillo. Yes there was a smile. Who knows what was said between the players. It was at the end of the game.

Yeah there's a growing hate-on for Trent among fans, but why not focus more on his play than an alleged smile with a guy he played college football with.

Fair enough. Trent's play sucked. He sucks. He's a terrible quarterback, and he's not showing signs of getting better. He seems completely incapable of hitting a receiver on the move, except for the occasional 9 route. He seems afraid to either throw the ball downfield or to wide receivers, and for good reason -- because the rare times he does avoid checking down, he tends to turn the ball over.

Ryan Fitzpatrick also sucks. But at least he would bring a new kind of suck to the table. Bring on the Fitzpatrick era.

Fair enough. Trent's play sucked. He sucks. He's a terrible quarterback, and he's not showing signs of getting better. He seems completely incapable of hitting a receiver on the move, except for the occasional 9 route. He seems afraid to either throw the ball downfield or to wide receivers, and for good reason -- because the rare times he does avoid checking down, he tends to turn the ball over.

Ryan Fitzpatrick also sucks. But at least he would bring a new kind of suck to the table. Bring on the Fitzpatrick era.

Edwards must play the rest of the season to eliminate any doubts as to his viability as a starter. It's too important for the draft with this team's huge list of needs. Fitzpatrick was just awful for Cinncy last year. Just look at the Bengals this year with Carson Palmer. Worst case scenario Edwards' is a good back-up. Best case scenario at this point he's a game manager.

Trent was catching up with fellow Stanford grad Camarillo. Yes there was a smile. Who knows what was said between the players. It was at the end of the game.

Yeah there's a growing hate-on for Trent among fans, but why not focus more on his play than an alleged smile with a guy he played college football with.

The cameras are on him almost all the time he wasn't smiling for an hour and a half (As he shouldn't have been happy with his performance) and than he cracks a smile once for less than 15 seconds while talking to an old college mate and we get all over him for that. There is so much to get on Trent for but smiling for a few seconds isn't one of them.

The cameras are on him almost all the time he wasn't smiling for an hour and a half (As he shouldn't have been happy with his performance) and than he cracks a smile once for less than 15 seconds while talking to an old college mate and we get all over him for that. There is so much to get on Trent for but smiling for a few seconds isn't one of them.

I could very well be wrong, but I just can't imagine Jim Kelly cracking up after a game like that against the Dolphins. He and his teammates hated to lose too much for that.

He's smiling because at the end of the day, it's a job. Granted he didn't/doesn't perform well, but just like the average Shmoe who's got a 9-5 gig, no matter how bad a day he has or how many times he was called to the bosses office, he's got a job, he's got a paycheck, he's got his health (which could be day-to-day) the way he gets sacked.... but he doesn't live and die with his daily work perfomance.

Perspective: How many of us have absolutely shatty days and go out after work have a couple sips, come home and forget about it? (Those who aren't in the business of saving lives, defending a post, providing safety or medical assistance for others need not reply). I would venture to say... most of us. Trent is probably doing the same thing. When this is all said and done, he's college educated (quite well I might add) if this NFL thing doesn't work out, he's got options... this isn't life and death to him... nor should it be.

All of us want the fire of Jim Kelly or the moxie of Flutie or the heart of Ferguson in our QB, but Trent just doesn't have that same make up. It's a business to a lot of these guys. The sooner we all (me included) grasp that, the better...

* Note: I don't need a flame job for this post, it's just my read on it... save yourself the keystrokes and the interweb the bandwidth with flaming.

Bullpen,

You put a lot of thought into your post and I am going to flame it.....but let me answer it with this:

I work in a job at a University that is going through a state budget crisis......who each and every day is looking to find ways to save a buck to show they are doing something about it......I have taken a pay reduction to avoid being laid off and work two competely different jobs from the morning to the afternoon (payroll and student affairs) and I was basically told to find a way to make it happen or I would be gone.....the market is so @hitty right now that I have no choice but to make it happen.

So when something doesn't go right at MY job.....I dont tip back and few and move onto the next day.....no I carry it with me because I have a family to take care of and always have to be on my toes.....mistakes would get ME fired.

Now....obviousy this is not the exact same scenario.....this is a pro athlete who pays a game not work in an office but from my own perspective you will NOT see a smile on my face when something goes wrong at my job. I wished I worked at a job that I could just move on from a bad day like nothing happened but I dont.

It hits me from two directions......I dont understand how someone that cares about their job can have that kind of attitude AND I have a hard time justifying the money I put out for my Sunday NFL ticket....and without that I would never see a bills game here in California the way this team doesn't make the playoffs year after year.

That is just the way I look at it I guess. I want them to at least ACT like they care.....which is why Edwards made me mad today and I cant STAND DJ